Page 386 of 659 FirstFirst ... 286336376379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    At least you admit your shill-yness..

FYI those toe rags Hicks and Gillett could claim that in just 3 seasons they presided over a Champions league Final and a title race - missing out by only a few points to arguably Ferguson’s strongest side ever.

That great side from 2009 had a first 11 to rival any - but it was Rafa that built it - just as the team we have now was built by Klopp - no need for you to keep trying the charm offensive on behalf of your long lost Uncle John.
    Keep shilling for G&H

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I do not believe for a second that any top level manager who is managing one of the world's biggest clubs would turn down the opportunity to add to their team/squad unless both of those things were absolutely perfect. This would be magnified if at any point there were serious issues with either the team and/or squad, especially if they were caused by things such as injuries.

Nobody can tell me that Klopp has thought "Yep we've lost lots of key players, including our top three/first choice defenders, including the world's best defender, but you know what, I'm quite happy to make do with a cheap, young/inexperienced defender from the Championship, and a young/inconsistent player on loan who from a side that is about to be relegated".

The manager/team have won us a league and CL title despite FSG, not because of them. Our owners have loaned money to spend on fixed assets which will increase their value and ultimately the profit that FSG make, with those loans and interest payments coming from/going to a subsidiary of FSG, a fact that most people are not aware of.

Until FSG start treating 'us' in a way that the most successful club in England/Britain (taking the level of trophies won into account), and the fifth richest club in the world deserves, they will get little to no credit for our success from me, and most of those whose view of the wood isn't obstructed by trees.
    Many people, like n4c, didn't think Klopp would even come here. It wasn't the logical choice.

Could have joined any club he wanted, Real or Barca where his net spend would be far greater.
    He chose to arrive in the PL with the squad he'd inherit and at least 4 clubs who'd likely be spending far more than he would have been able to spend. Not a Pep or Jose choice with their stock so high.

Talked about about how Dortmund was run and how that was a model for sustainable football clubs. Hes a strange fish.

Come on geezer... you can’t really know this club if you believe any of that.

Klopp wasn’t doing us a favour FFS this is Liverpool FC. Not bloody Dortmund who have won nothing in their history by comparison with us.

This is what angers me most. So many younger fans - probably half of whom have never witnessed a game in L4 seem to have no concept of the true size of this club in world terms. You could travel the globe in 1984 and everyone knew who Liverpool FC were.

Managing Liverpool FC was a dream for Klopp. A man who has the same passion as those who used to stand on the Spion Kop and those who used to travel the length and breadth of the nation & Europe to follow their mighty Reds.

Enough with this charity nonsense. Most successful club in the land in 2010 yes - when your uncle John rocked up and pinched us for less than half price too.

Jurgen Klopp is not just another manager and this is NOT just another club!

Learning is fun.

ANFILED is part of OUR club.. so why MOVE?? all our history is here.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So Haaland to City, Kane to Utd and M’bappe to Real.

Who’d next in the CF pecking order that we can go for?
    Daka,Sancho,Depay, Isak, Silva, Leao, D.Nunez, Cunha,Vlahovic,Nkunku

There are players out there who cant all join the big spenders.

The lost above arent all strikers so play like Mane does but I guess it depends what type we want.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Many people, like n4c, didn't think Klopp would even come here. It wasn't the logical choice.

Could have joined any club he wanted, Real or Barca where his net spend would be far greater.
    He chose to arrive in the PL with the squad he'd inherit and at least 4 clubs who'd likely be spending far more than he would have been able to spend. Not a Pep or Jose choice with their stock so high.

Talked about about how Dortmund was run and how that was a model for sustainable football clubs. Hes a strange fish.
    It was the logical choice for Klopp. Not every manager or player dreams of joining the likes of Real/Barca, clubs where you aren't given much time to show what you can do or implement your philosopy, and where you can get sacked even if you win the league or CL.

Having the tools to do your job is only half the equation, the other half is being able to use them to create something unique that reflects who you are and what to show/give to others, not using them to make what you are told, and where if you happen to make a small mistake there's a good chance that you'll be handed your P45.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    It was the logical choice for Klopp. Not every manager or player dreams of joining the likes of Real/Barca, clubs where you aren't given much time to show what you can do or implement your philosopy, and where you can get sacked even if you win the league or CL.

Having the tools to do your job is only half the equation, the other half is being able to use them to create something unique that reflects who you are and what to show/give to others, not using them to make what you are told, and where if you happen to make a small mistake there's a good chance that you'll be handed your P45.
    Good points Noods ...

Also

"When Liverpool called, I had no chance. It was actually too early for my plans. I said, 'Wow, come on!' But then coming here and feeling the spirit immediately, it was just, for me, a match in heaven."

"I'm a football romantic," Klopp added. "I'm confident but not as confident as other managers, thinking this club will call, that club will call. A lot of clubs called and I said 'No, no chance, I need to make a break now'. Even my wife knew, if Liverpool is calling, I go."

Never underestimate how special this club is - and it's actually the people that make it special - not the pitch - not the corrugated iron or even the new Main stand... it's the people.. NEVER FORGET IT!

Listen to the one who brought it all together... The master - the messiah.. Klopp is like a chip off the old block..

Nobody will ever come close to Shankly - but Klopp is as close as we will ever get..

Have there been no posts since 11am?