Page 315 of 659 FirstFirst ... 215265305308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Thank fook the club is being run by professionals not some gobshites on social media.

We would be broke within 6 months.

I thought Dumb and Dumber were bad in 2010.

Let's see

Well I want Oblak as back up
    Erm Davies and Kimmich as full back cover.
    Let me see hmmm Laporte and Upamecano there not bad.

Kdb oh he"s good...
    Never should have sold Sterling ffs parry!

And Mbappe only £250m and £500k a week.
    I mean what are those greedy yanks doing !! Ffs.

Should have enough money we won the lot in the last 2 seasons.

I mean we only are the 3rd highest salary spenders wtf.

Should only cost £1.5bn to get that lot in.

Also want u23 back ups too .

To be fair ; getting Upamecano for £36m would a good deal.
    Fingers crossed
    If not it's an sos for Lovren in January.

Anyone saying they wished he was still here (for footballing matters) is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I think it's a lot harder of an issue to fix than you think.

We wont be able to entice a keeper nearly as good as Alisson to be on the bench mostly.
    So then you're looking at getting as best as you can get whose willing to be on the bench mostly.
    When you solve that problem, the solution will always be a big drop off. It's the downside of having one of if not the best goalkeepers.
    Only an idiot would expect us to get a backup keeper anywhere near as good as Alisson. However, if other, smaller clubs have goalkeepers who are not being singled out (by both their own fans and the media) as regularly making costly errors despite being tested more, I'd think a club with our pull and resources (both financial and in terms of scouting) could/should be able to find one who is decent/currently not seen to be excessively error prone, and one who is willing to play second fiddle to Alisson.

We just bought Jota, who must have known that he was liable/likely to be backup to our current front three. With that being the case, I'm damn sure we should be able to get a reasonably decent backup goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Only an idiot would expect us to get a backup keeper anywhere near as good as Alisson. However, if other, smaller clubs have goalkeepers who are not being singled out (by both their own fans and the media) as regularly making costly errors despite being tested more, I'd think a club with our pull and resources (both financial and in terms of scouting) could/should be able to find one who is decent/currently not seen to be excessively error prone, and one who is willing to play second fiddle to Alisson.

We just bought Jota, who must have known that he was liable/likely to be backup to our current front three. With that being the case, I'm damn sure we should be able to get a reasonably decent backup goalkeeper.
    True.
    With a second keeper you are more often than not just back up and unlikely to play much though.
    Playing at smaller clubs can be different mindset. Busing it more and not as expensive. Less pressure for results. Not as mad for playing out from the back or using the keeper as a recycler of possession and setting up attacks. More shots to deal with typically and if you have a few good saves it covers over the poor saves/goals conceded. Higher demands for concentration.

Jota can be subbed on, can be subbed off if giving a front 3 player on the bench a rest. Hes got age on his side and will get plenty of minutes imo over the season even if the front 3 are fit all the time.
    If Alisson is fit all season, Adrian could be playing 2 games/rounds in the domestic cups. Jota wouldn't have signed for a potential 2 games/rounds of the domestic cups.

Trying to get a keeper of Jotas similar standing to be no2 to Alisson is a pretty tricky sell.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    To be fair ; getting Upamecano for £36m would a good deal.
    Fingers crossed
    If not it's an sos for Lovren in January.

Anyone saying they wished he was still here (for footballing matters) is a liar.
    A big step up perhaps, but R.Williams has impressed on the limited minutes I've seen him play. If it comes to it, I'd give him his opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    There's a big difference between expecting a keeper to be as good as Alisson, and having/expecting one who isn't prone to making errors, to the point that they are well known for such occurrences.
    My point is you mentioned Butland he has been dropped at Stoke for making lots of errors in a lower league.

He was a good prospect a few years ago then did his ankle in.

The pressure at Liverpool is much much higher too one error and you are straight under pressure.

He isnt good enough for us im sure we will get someone in next season as back up.

People need to lay off Adrian yes he cost ys the Athletico game it happens but he played a huge role in us winning the league wom every game he played.

Why do people want butland?

He's not even starting for stoke because he was shocking for ages

Really the answer? better than adrian? hell fucking no, bonkers, ya'all bonkers.

at least he's gone palace.

I can't believe it's even being talked about, we're not in the Roy days anymore, maybe we should of signed welbeck!

Has Harvey Elliot gone to Blackburn on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    A big step up perhaps, but R.Williams has impressed on the limited minutes I've seen him play. If it comes to it, I'd give him his opportunity.
    Williams
    Koumetio
    VDB

None of them are ready.
    And never likely to be.
    U18 / u23 players
    Used for the league cup and at a push fa cup.
    It will be Gomez Matip Fabinho ... then Henderson.
    Depending on results and VVD injury I guess 1 January we will be in the market for a CB.
    I doubt whether the target will be able to come mid-season.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Has Harvey Elliot gone to Blackburn on loan?
    Yes, the same day as Wilson went to Cardiff.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.