Page 383 of 659 FirstFirst ... 283333373376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Big and bold decisions are required from Jürgen this summer to define him as a truly great manager. I think the ball is in his court regardless of the owners although they have a part to play. He is is own man and the owners respect that.

Anybody who thinks the ball is in Klopp's court is either not a Liverpool fan, is living in cloud cuckoo land, or they have a serious hard on for FSG. You only have to see what Klopp has done wherever he has been, what virtually every manager would like to have, and how our 'benevolent overlords' have conducted themselves (especially when it comes to transfers) to know that they are in total control, and that what they want overrides everything/everyone else.

Yeah they respect Klopp so much that when he lost lots of players to injury (Inc the world's best defender) they tried to placate Klopp with a Championship player that cost £1.67m, and who Klopp clearly doesn't want or rate, and a young, inconsistent player who was playing for the team bottom of the Bundesliga, and who we are only loaning.

Yeah see! Klop you fraud! Without FSG you'd be nothing! They have proved their greatness with their magnificent stewardship, whilst you are just a pretender, and you won't get close to their level of greatness until you build a squad worthy of the reigning PL champions and recent PL champions, and win both again on the budget of mid table championship side.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Anybody who thinks the ball is in Klopp's court is either not a Liverpool fan, is living in cloud cuckoo land, or they have a serious hard on for FSG. You only have to see what Klopp has done wherever he has been, what virtually every manager would like to have, and how our 'benevolent overlords' have conducted themselves (especially when it comes to transfers) to know that they are in total control, and that what they want overrides everything/everyone else.

Yeah they respect Klopp so much that when he lost lots of players to injury (Inc the world's best defender) they tried to placate Klopp with a Championship player that cost £1.67m, and who Klopp clearly doesn't want or rate, and a young, inconsistent player who was playing for the team bottom of the Bundesliga, and who we are only loaning.

Yeah see! Klop you fraud! Without FSG you'd be nothing! They have proved their greatness with their magnificent stewardship, whilst you are just a pretender, and you won't get close to their level of greatness until you build a squad worthy of the reigning PL champions and recent PL champions, and win both again on the budget of mid table championship side.
    For your information I am a lifelong Liverpool fan since 1964, I do not live in cloud cuckoo land and do not have a serious hard-on for FSG. I posted my thoughts - that is all - you are of course entitled to disagree.

FSG have to make it clear to Jurgen that us buying very expensive players wont be an issue when it comes to clubs finances.
    Because i feel that Klopp doesnt want to leave our club in debt in that sense.. We need to compete for several world class players this summer.. Not make up players that cost 2 million
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Big and bold decisions are required from Jürgen this summer to define him as a truly great manager. I think the ball is in his court regardless of the owners although they have a part to play. He is is own man and the owners respect that.
    It will be interesting to see what we do in the summer. Klopp has brought us through a great spell, pl, cl and first wcc for the club. Very close to doubling up on our pl and cl titles.
    Agree it will be a further proving of his greatness if he can bring a second stint of such form and success.

According to forbes we are now 5th in the richest club list.. Above Man-city and we are almost level with Man-United surely theres huge money to invest now??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Eh?? You mean there aren’t 13 richer clubs in England??

But ...but we’re 14th biggest net spenders, so we’re skint right??

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Eh?? You mean there aren’t 13 richer clubs in England??

But ...but we’re 14th biggest net spenders, so we’re skint right??
    No fans in stadiums means we lose more cash than Man United - Barca - Dortmund - Real - Spurs or Bayern cause Anfield is bigger.

Ahem..

I mean it’s obviously smaller but it’s bigger - like - in terms of...you know....spirit.. so we lose more money than them cause - like - that spirit generates more cash on match day... innit like.

And clubs like Wolves and West Ham get much more money from TV than us so there. We simply cannot expect a comparable net spend with either.

Honest

We are also more handicapped than other teams cause our fans make more noise - so all of this affects us more - oh and we have VAR against us unlike everyone else.

But I am not looking for excuses for anyone - FSG have been foooking AMAZING
    Last edited by Steveo; 12th April 2021 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    For your information I am a lifelong Liverpool fan since 1964, I do not live in cloud cuckoo land and do not have a serious hard-on for FSG. I posted my thoughts - that is all - you are of course entitled to disagree.
    I never said you weren't a Liverpool fan (hence why I offered up a few of the numerous possibilities) just that anyone who thinks/implies that Klopp is 'in control' whilst FSG are quietly 'doing their bit' in the background at Jurgen's behest, obviously has some reason for thinking that when most of, if not all of the available evidence suggests the exact opposite is the case i.e. FSG are in 'total control', whilst Klopp has to do the best with the 'crumbs' (£20m per year) that they give him, never mind any orders from up on high that go against what he wants/needs.

No manager is in control of any club in the world owners decide now.

As for fans all clubs are affected it is negative for us for sure some clubs are feeling the benefits take a look at West Ham.

West Ham will be nowhere top 4 once fans are back that is nailed on.

VAR is crap for everyone nobody wants it but its clear we are not getting the same decisions as others....I dont want wrong/unfair ones in our favour I want the right decision.