Page 391 of 659 FirstFirst ... 291341381384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398401441491 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Dembele to replace mane according to gossip on sky app. Would we be trading up or down in that situation. I’m still hopeful mane can recapture his form in which case he’s better than dembele. The thing is I wonder is there something going on that’s making him unhappy ?

Dembele would be a step down from Mané. Five years younger, yes, but doesn't score enough and is always injured

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He did really well recently when he came on to replace Bobby. Would like to see him repeat that role, maybe in a domestic cup game to see if he could carry it off.
    Yeah he did look okay in that role. Would be worth seeing if he could be used in that capacity again. Obviously something in it if he was given the time for it so hopefully we may seeing again before the end of season.

who ever we get wont be expensive. I can see Mane leaving.doesnt have long on his contract left if i believe. so the club wont allow it to run down to zero.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    who ever we get wont be expensive. I can see Mane leaving.doesnt have long on his contract left if i believe. so the club wont allow it to run down to zero.
    There's so many affordable players out there to be fair. Germany in particular.

If you look at the release clauses (if accurately reported of course) of the respective players, a club could get Konate, Neuhaus, Nkunku and Silva for roughly £110m in transfer fees.

So (pretending we did that) if you got low fees for a few outgoings (Shaq, Origi, Minamino, Grujic) and got as little as £45m for the lot there, you're talking about a net spend of £65m - which is not unaffordable in the slightest.

That's before you weigh up things like the risk/reward of selling Matip (I'd lean towards that, keeping Kabak and signing Konate, keep Phillips and you've 5 centre-backs with Van Dijk and Gomez) or picking one (or both) of Keita and Ox to sell. Plus you have players like Woodburn, Karius etc where there are "bits and pieces" of money to be had.

I'll very much welcome a relatively big net spend if it happens, but if you look at the market, there are always opportunities to be had and we are fortunate enough (relative to some teams) that the players we have "spare" actually have value, even if it isn't huge - we don't have any silly situations (Ozil) or any true "dead wood" - will be an interesting window as we have certainly "outgrown" a few players and looking around the League, we do need to upgrade again (though I still don't think we need reconstructive surgery yet) to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He did really well recently when he came on to replace Bobby. Would like to see him repeat that role, maybe in a domestic cup game to see if he could carry it off.
    Before Injury he seemed to be establishing himself as wuite an important Cog....is he still coming back from injury...needing game time....Or is the evolution of the way we play such that it becomes increasingly difficult for players to return from long term injury to a klopp team?......example in my opinion would be Adam Lallana at one stage he seemed to be very important in Klopps Machine...did he suddenly become a shit player (or more shit as some will point out) after the injury....or is it that he didnt fit in any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There's so many affordable players out there to be fair. Germany in particular.
    Maybe it would be better to have the foresight like Dortmund, Red Bull and now Bayern have in spending money on the best young players before they went to Germany.

A player I mentioned a few months back who I forgot about until I saw him on tv earlier Tammy Abraham.

Could he be an option ?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    A player I mentioned a few months back who I forgot about until I saw him on tv earlier Tammy Abraham.

Could he be an option ?
    He'd be a good signing. Doubt they would sell to us though.
    I'd be thrilled with Suarez or someone like Abraham plus Depay for the attack additions.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He'd be a good signing. Doubt they would sell to us though.
    I'd be thrilled with Suarez or someone like Abraham plus Depay for the attack additions.
    Yeah they might not want to sell to us but if Chelsea sign a big name forward in the summer it pushes him down the pecking order.

Werner..Havertz..Mount..Giroud ? ..New guy.

He might want more games and he is unlikely to get it at Chelsea.

Abraham is tall..strong..has abit of pace..proven in EPL.

Price has to be around £30-40m though.