Page 101 of 659 FirstFirst ... 5191949596979899100101102103104105106107108111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Worse than a recession is on the way and Bill Gates reckons there'll be a second wave worse than the first.

Why buy expensive players on expensive wages if they aren't going to be playing?

Alternatively it'll all be back to normal by Christmas.
    Bill Gates seems to know lots considering he isnt a scientist/doctor makes you wonder doesn't it ?!

Hopefully your last comment is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed. And you can not argue with what they have achieved ( could have been quicker IMO ) - BUT - FFP was always likely to fall flat. Not even being cynical any realist would have expected this to be the case.

You cannot expect a fundamentally corrupt and rigged economic structure to police such a hugely financially dependant sector..? It just naive.
    Absolutley. That's exactly what I used to debate with N4C, just how was it going to be policed? It was never going to work but he always argued it would.
    Turns out it wasnt policed. Or they tried and failed to pull the big clubs into line and got bullied by them with the constant threat of a breakaway league which would render UEFA utterly pointless (not that always haven't been anyway).

Allegedly on the verge of signing Thiago Alacantra, does he have a switch ball? Looks just the same player as Keita to me, a step up from Lallana and Shaqiri, but not really what we need imo if there is any truth to it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Am sure you know better than the club Ninenteenx.. I mean our manager and scouts. haven't done that great of late in transfers.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Pleased to see the Diego Carlos interest allegedly resurfacing, we desperately need another commanding centre back

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Allegedly on the verge of signing Thiago Alacantra, does he have a switch ball? Looks just the same player as Keita to me, a step up from Lallana and Shaqiri, but not really what we need imo if there is any truth to it

Little analysis of him.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Little analysis of him.
    He'll do I suppose

He'll do I suppose
    Just thought you / other posters might appreciate a brief analysis, particularly as it's a year old and wasn't made by a Liverpool fan trying to force an argument of why he is brilliant, so it's relatively "neutral" analysis, compared to these compilations of players you get on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Am sure you know better than the club Ninenteenx.. I mean our manager and scouts. haven't done that great of late in transfers.
    Might help bring the best out of Naby, looking at Sids video of the analysis looks like he would be potentially a great signing, need another in the Hendo mould with great athleticism, intensity, pressing and switch balls too, Klopp must really rate him to move for him at 29

Klopp must really rate him to move for him at 29
    That and he loves trolling Bayern! Mona and Andreas (nutrition and fitness) came from Bayern and now seemingly Thiago.

Love it.