Page 103 of 659 FirstFirst ... 3539396979899100101102103104105106107108109110113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Little analysis of him.
    We could maybe win the league at an Alcantara again with this lad, hope it happens and great to see we ARE actually looking to make proper improvements
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    And so how about Talles Magno ?
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/talles-magno-liverpool-transfer-sim-18274939
    From the clips I have seen reminds me of a young, raw Steve McManaman. Still needs to hone his skills.
    Price of about £5m?
    18 year old playing at Vasco De Gama Brazil, left footed Winger, 6ft 1in, can play across the front. Looks like he can dribble and be quite direct.
    And so according to FM2020 from the link above if we sign Talles Magno (£5m?) we do a double next season - PL and CL! Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We could maybe win the league at an Alcantara again with this lad, hope it happens and great to see we ARE actually looking to make proper improvements
    Thiago Alcantara. I like him mainly because his name sounds like a Gloria Estefan song.

There will be good value in the market if clubs are patient.
    The window is open until the start of October.
    And some clubs will be struggling and in need to sell .

Cash is king.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    There will be good value in the market if clubs are patient.
    The window is open until the start of October.
    And some clubs will be struggling and in need to sell .

Cash is king.
    A few top talents tied up with CL duties. Final august 23rd.

Has werner already left Leipzig?

Bayern and PSG will be struggling for momentum and match sharpness.

Bayern will be able to get rid of some slight rust they play Chelsea at home and they are 3-0 up.

As for PSG I’m not bothered hope they go out.

Werner (and Ziyech) signed for Chelsea on July 1st.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I'm still fascinated by what we will (or won't) do in the upcoming window and how well our squad will (or won't) respond to any action or lack thereof.

On the one hand, there is a clamouring for an "upgrade from a position of strength" methodology which I totally get and Man United of the 90s and 00s are often cited as an excellent example of doing this to great effect to maintain a dominant position.

On the other hand, there was also a time where Ferguson sold off Ince, Kanchelskis and Hughes, "replacing" them by buying a back-up keeper from Man City (Tony Cotton) and bringing through Scholes, Butt, Beckham and Neville, supplementing their squad nicely. This would have been a source of derision at the time if social media was around, but it wasn't.

As for us, we have Elliot, Jones, Williams and Brewster at different stages of development, with forgotten man Marko Grujic to be assessed as well - or sold to bolster transfer funds. Will they be able to contribute via 10-15 starts in all comps with minimal negative effect on results? Time will tell - but I trust Klopp's capacity to develop players and I trust Michael Edwards when it comes to negotiating sales that can help us out.

Whether we spend or are conservative with funds (this Summer) I'm quietly content. The lads have put together two fantastic seasons, which will include a League title and a Champion's League, which are the two "biggies" we go for - does this squad have a "Threepeat" in it before changing things a little? Time will tell - but if anyone can wring it out of them, it's Klopp.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay