Page 105 of 659 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106107108109110111112115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Transfer market cannot solve everything

“I am happy with my squad 100%. I was last year when people wanted us to sign him and him but because of our reasons we did not do it,” said Klopp.

“It’s not that we don’t want to, we try to make the right decisions constantly and then COVID came. The situation changed and not for the better.”

“It’s not that we think we cannot improve with transfers, we do what is right for us and what we are able to do, that’s all.

“If other teams invest I have no idea, they may know more about the future, I don’t know. But the main difference between us and other teams this year was consistency. You saw how tight the game was against Chelsea when we won 2-1 I think, but they are 25 points or so behind us.

“However these are not the gaps you see on the pitch. They can really play football and they could have won that match, but my boys were resilient like mad. We put absolutely everything into the game and that’s what the difference was.”

The German coach was keen to point out that simply buying more players does not necessarily mean an improvement.

“I don’t know if you can get that sort of thing on the transfer market. We had to build this and it’s not about spending. It is about having the right team for the next season, based on your own situation,” said Klopp.

“The club cannot buy just because other teams buy and everyone wants us to. We buy if we have the money for it and the need for it. If one of these things is not there we will not buy and we will go again. And we will not use it as an excuse.”

Klopp, speaking via Zoom call, also reminded the press that Liverpool managed 97 points last season and were urged to buy more players to overtake Manchester City.

“Imagine last year, 97 points and what would your recommendation have been to me transfer wise? Who should we have brought in to close the one-point gap to Manchester City? I don’t even know who was available,” added Klopp.

“There were a lot of recommendations out there I’m sure, but we didn’t and you saw what happened. We will have a lot of tests next year, like we did this year and last year, we have to make sure we are ready.

“Some of them can be solved in the transfer market, but not all of them.”

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    The quality of cover in some positions is debatable but the quantity of cover is there for every position except for left back. I would be very surprised and disappointed if we don't sign cover for Robertson at the very least
    What about buying Jack Robinson back from Sheff Utd? (27 now)

I guess we will have to wait and see i'm sure we will sign a few players still.

I can see Thiago going to City to fill the void of D.Silva only way I see him here is if we sell a midfielder (Gini?)

Klopp talks about what we are able to do. I'd personally like to know exactly what he'd actually like to do, and what he is/has been allowed to do.

Anyone from watford you lads would take? think they've got a few decent wide options

Sarr is young and could be quality with klopp guidance

He has been linked in recent days but it’s most likely click bait

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He has been linked in recent days but it’s most likely click bait
    As he? not seen that, only player that keeps making noises is thiago starting to warm to the idea of him, midfield does lack a bit of quality in some ways.

Watford have had 18% possession this evening, the obvious bounce back affect the owners we’re looking for after sacking the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Anyone from watford you lads would take? think they've got a few decent wide options

Sarr is young and could be quality with klopp guidance
    Goalie

"The club cannot buy just because other teams buy and everyone wants us to. We buy if we have the money for it and the need for it. If one of these things is not there we will not buy and we will go again. And we will not use it as an excuse.”

"Imagine last year, 97 points and what would your recommendation have been to me transfer wise? Who should we have brought in to close the one-point gap to Manchester City? I don’t even know who was available,” added Klopp

Klopp wrong and 95% here right
    Lol
    Haha Haha (klopp laugh style)
    What's it like to be a majority and wrong?

But I guess it is the political - media climate you live in. 😉