Page 160 of 659 FirstFirst ... 60110150153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Der Spiegel have said Thiago will move to KFC. Dave OCKOP retweeted. Anyone know if either are reliable?
    That's a bit of a come down, top professional footballer to selling chicken wings.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

It's hysterical and somewhat hypocritical to see fans of PL teams, including the mancs, saying they should sign Suarez.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    It's hysterical and somewhat hypocritical to see fans of PL teams, including the mancs, saying they should sign Suarez.
    I feel the same about liverpool fans saying they really want Suarez.. Coutinho back...

I mean shut the fuck up please and move the fuck on we've just won the title and you want these pair of idiots back who wanted to leave us in first place?? they both wasn't exactly very "classy" about everything.

Not to mention suarez is pretty old and coutinho is getting towards 30, stll not "old" but yeah.

Completely agree Kev and let's not send out the wrong message to our current players. That its okay to resort to all sorts of skullduggery to get a move away from us and when things start looking bad for you, come back and join us.

https://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/champions-league-sieger-mit-bayern-muenchen-thiago-vor-abschied-nach-liverpool-a-50940a6c-3a7b-4a4f-aba9-60954be27541-amp?__twitter_impression=true

Ha - for you German speakers out there. Fun to read article, though not that much meat in it.

The important bit - they're 100% sure he's moving to LFC.

The rest of the article muses over just how underrated he's been as an artist in a land where duelists are preferred. Basically he doesn't jump into sliding tackles or get booked every game so some think he's not doing his best. Didn't Xabi used to say he faced a similar problem in England?

However, the article suggests Bayern are leaving a gaping hole in their squad and he'll need a replacement. However, "there aren't many players of his type and class on this Earth".
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Chelsea are close to agreeing a deal with Bayer Leverkusen for Kai Havertz.

The deal is worth up to €100m, which has been Leverkusen’s asking price.

Chelsea also closing in on deals for Thiago Silva and Ben Chilwell.

Jeeze that attack will be scary next season .
    Anything less than 3rd place next season would be a total failure if they make all these signings. Abramovich really is backing Lampard to crash the dominance of the top two teams with this amount of spending.

Chelsea spending a load on attacking players, but it is their defense which is their achilles heel. I really like Thiago Silva, he is a great player but i think he is 34 now, and the premier league can be a shock for any seasoned player who isn't used to the pace and intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Chelsea spending a load on attacking players, but it is their defense which is their achilles heel. I really like Thiago Silva, he is a great player but i think he is 34 now, and the premier league can be a shock for any seasoned player who isn't used to the pace and intensity.
    In fact, he's nearly 36. Great player but he won't cut it in the PL at his age

Chillwell will help them defensively. And one would hope that they start playing Kante as a DM exclusively.

I fear he might actually be good enough to serve as a one-man defensive unit in most games.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

It’s a Keeper they need too - not a Kepa. He has cost them in plenty of games.