Page 163 of 659 FirstFirst ... 63113153156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Anyone else have a funny feeling another club is going to come in for thiago if this goes on longer??

Normally this amount of press etc means we won't sign him..... hopefully wrong.

From what I've seen lately, they're saying we can't afford 25m due to him being out of contract next year and 29.....

Bit fucking silly if he's as good as he's made out to be pretty sure we can make more than 25m from player sales too (very fringe players like wilson) so wouldn't make us worse.

Another werner, all talk no action.
    Theres definitely that possibility but we are the only ones with lots of stories about him.
    The contract thing is irritating, like you say if hes that good 25m is buttons. Just because he could be available for free later does not mean the chance should be missed but this is FSG we are talking about. They're tighter than 2 coats of paint.

I think he is specifically interested to work with Klopp and the way we play.
    I wonder what Coutinho has told him about Liverpool.
    I am surprised City haven't tried to gazump us because he would suit Pep very well thankyou.

Edwards prob content to sit and wait a while longer to see if bayern blink first. Not that they are short of money i would guess though. Runs the risk as above of someone else coming in for him, if he really wants to come to lfc he will wait a little longer too i guess, but dont want a repeat of the werner situation either. Pisses me off that the chavs will have him and to a certain extent pulisic who was linked with us and is a smasher i think. Klopp really hasnt seemed too bothered to do much business with germans or the german market at all.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think he is specifically interested to work with Klopp and the way we play.
    I wonder what Coutinho has told him about Liverpool.
    I am surprised City haven't tried to gazump us because he would suit Pep very well thankyou.
    Did he play for Pep at either Barca or Bayern ?

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Edwards prob content to sit and wait a while longer to see if bayern blink first. Not that they are short of money i would guess though. Runs the risk as above of someone else coming in for him, if he really wants to come to lfc he will wait a little longer too i guess, but dont want a repeat of the werner situation either. Pisses me off that the chavs will have him and to a certain extent pulisic who was linked with us and is a smasher i think. Klopp really hasnt seemed too bothered to do much business with germans or the german market at all.
    Exactly my thoughts

Hopefully everything ends up being ok, if we don't get Wij tied up we'll have to splash out next year anyway on a new midfielder, so why not now?

Also.... mad to think we'd be the only ones to go in for him if he leaves on a free...... will be a lot of clubs, probably willing to pay more signing on fee-wages-agent fees than us too.

I think they overlapped a bit. he was probably too young for the first team at Barca when Pep was there. Think they worked together at Bayern

Nothing was going to be agreed before the Champions League Final, it hasn’t been that long since to be too concerned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    If that were the case they wouldn't have got into ffp trouble in the first place.

They've sold a couple of big players, couldn't buy anyone for a couple of windows and are now making some big transfers on big wages. Even then, the Hazard and Morata fees will fall well short of what they're spending now, especially if they go for a keeper too.

They are gambling and they won't be the only ones, but some will think the risk/reward is worth it.
    Didn't they actually get in trouble over signing underage players rather than FFP? My memory's a bit hazy.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Didn't they actually get in trouble over signing underage players rather than FFP? My memory's a bit hazy.
    Correct - found guilty of breaking rules regarding foreign players under the age of 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Anyone else have a funny feeling another club is going to come in for thiago if this goes on longer??

Normally this amount of press etc means we won't sign him..... hopefully wrong.

From what I've seen lately, they're saying we can't afford 25m due to him being out of contract next year and 29.....

Bit fucking silly if he's as good as he's made out to be pretty sure we can make more than 25m from player sales too (very fringe players like wilson) so wouldn't make us worse.

Another werner, all talk no action.
    There was never any realistic chance he'd sign with anyone before his season was over. And it ended two days ago. Likely Bayern wanted to keep the ship steady until they got the treble.

Of course someone could come in and if they do, good luck to them. If Bayern want more than we think he's worth, bad luck for them. We'll either find someone else or make due. We shouldn't get ripped off just because fans like shiny new toy... err signings to bemoan after one bad game.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non