Page 212 of 659 FirstFirst ... 112162202205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Doesn’t look like anyone else is coming in...

“ There are a number of reasons Liverpool are not splashing the cash this summer beyond what has been widely discussed
    Jurgen Klopp’s feelings on squad sizes are clear.

On multiple occasions during his tenure at Anfield, the German has expressed a desire to work with a small group of players.
    The solution cannot be to have a much bigger squad for the specific moment and then realise you cannot use all the players," the Reds boss said at the end of the 2019/20 season.

"These players can only play the football they play because they know they are needed. They are all human beings and nobody can be held back for a year and then on the last day of the year be told, ‘Now we need you.’

"We cannot keep someone in the backyard and bring them up in the decisive moment. That will not help. We will have solutions for that, we have young players.
    "The size of the squad is not that important to me, the quality of the squad is very much so."
    The logic is simple: the more you have, the more people there are to keep happy, and the more the youth academy is limited in its usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Doesn’t look like anyone else is coming in...

“ There are a number of reasons Liverpool are not splashing the cash this summer beyond what has been widely discussed
    Jurgen Klopp’s feelings on squad sizes are clear.

On multiple occasions during his tenure at Anfield, the German has expressed a desire to work with a small group of players.
    The solution cannot be to have a much bigger squad for the specific moment and then realise you cannot use all the players," the Reds boss said at the end of the 2019/20 season.

"These players can only play the football they play because they know they are needed. They are all human beings and nobody can be held back for a year and then on the last day of the year be told, ‘Now we need you.’

"We cannot keep someone in the backyard and bring them up in the decisive moment. That will not help. We will have solutions for that, we have young players.
    "The size of the squad is not that important to me, the quality of the squad is very much so."
    The logic is simple: the more you have, the more people there are to keep happy, and the more the youth academy is limited in its usefulness.
    Theres a small number of squad players. then theres no players left if injury strikes..If we lose Wijnaldum and no one comes in. We are very short in the centre. You cant really rely on Keita to remain fit.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Theres a small number of squad players. then theres no players left if injury strikes..If we lose Wijnaldum and no one comes in. We are very short in the centre. You cant really rely on Keita to remain fit.
    If Wijnaldum leaves and nobody comes in, we'll see Minamino make more appearances in one of the midfield positions, or more of Ox if available, or more of Jones and we may possibly hold on to Grujic should a sale show no signs of materialising. Plus Keita, although he has been unlucky with injuries with us, has been managed carefully of late and can likely contribute a fair amount. Milner too has been used in midfield.

We really do have options. Any side loses something with injury and all sides face them, but we will definitely remain very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If Wijnaldum leaves and nobody comes in, we'll see Minamino make more appearances in one of the midfield positions, or more of Ox if available, or more of Jones and we may possibly hold on to Grujic should a sale show no signs of materialising. Plus Keita, although he has been unlucky with injuries with us, has been managed carefully of late and can likely contribute a fair amount. Milner too has been used in midfield.

We really do have options. Any side loses something with injury and all sides face them, but we will definitely remain very competitive.
    Time will tell if Minimino is physically strong enough to play in midfield from the start of games..I prefer him in the front 3..
    Oxlade is more of an attacking midfielder than Wijnaldum. so not exactly the same position. Curtis Jones am still not sure on what position he will play..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Not sure if this will link or not as I try not to Smartphone too often for this site, but Swiss Ramble has done a thread breaking down some of the financial stuff.

Might fall on deaf ears, might not. Hopefully this link works -

https://mobile.twitter.com/swissramble/status/1302855202089971713?prefetchtimestamp=159946929410 6

Thanks Sid - the link works fine and to my untrained eye it seems to be very good detailed analysis.

Sadly the bottom line being precisely the break even issue I always foresaw. The business model would need changing - beyond continually finding the best manager - for us to genuinely compete long term. One of 2 reasons why I want a Fooking huge Anfield. Match day revenue could be really enhanced while providing many more seats to cope with the huge ST backlog.

Swiss Ramble:
    Could #LFC invest more money in the transfer market? Yes, but they would probably have to “sell to buy”, unless they changed their business model, which would require increasing debt (either via an external loan or an injection from the owners).

Swiss Ramble:
    This approach, which is effectively the #CFC or #MCFC strategy, has been resisted by FSG (except when financing the Main Stand expansion), who have encouraged a self-sustaining model. It’s unlikely they would act differently now, but these are unprecedented times, so who knows?

Not that I would want the club to be over exposed BUT there are times when incurring some debt is needed and pays off. failure to strike while the iron is hot - KLOPP in the driving seat could well prove far more costly.

The mega rich nw behemoth owned by a man who loves to splash the cash have just bought Callum Wilson for £20m.

I'm sure the the current PL champions, the winners of the 2019 CL and WCC, and the fifth most valuable club in the world are going to open up their bursting at the seems wallet and are going to bring in some much need reinforcements before the season kicks off .......... In your own time lads .......... Whenever you're ready .......... Hello? Is anyone alive at FSG headquarters?!?!?

Is right Steveo mate.

Have I ever mentioned that I’ve been on the waiting list for 2 season tickets since 2002 ?

Well just in case....

The waiting list for season tickets is huge, HUGE !!! I have been on the waiting list for Dad and lad season tickets since my lad was 11 in 2002.
    He’s just had my first Grandson last weekend with his partner and is a site manager with a major building firm and we’re still around no 6,000 on the list.

Just sayin like ..

The waiting list for season tickets is huge, HUGE !!! I have been on the waiting list for Dad and lad season tickets since my lad was 11 in 2002.
    He’s just had my first Grandson last weekend with his partner and is a site manager with a major building firm and we’re still around no 6,000 on the list.

that made me laugh, sorry!

Is right Steveo mate.

Have I ever mentioned that I’ve been on the waiting list for 2 season tickets since 2002 ?

Well just in case....

Just sayin like ..
    Congratulations on your Grandson miller and I am sure we all feel your pain on the never ending wait for those tickets.