Page 214 of 659 FirstFirst ... 114164204207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Congratulations Miller.

Cheers Noods, as my Dad always says in these situations, another bloody Easter Egg..

When he told me I went straight to Liverpool One and into the LFC shop to get him kitted out. Just in case the Bitter in laws started with any of that blue nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Bali mate. Take a deep breath, look at what I said, who I said it about/what they are doing (they've also just signed Ryan Fraser on a five year deal), then look at us, who we are, what we are, what we've recently done both on and off the pitch, then compare what we have done recently and what we are currently doing in terms of transfers vs the likes of this 'NW behemoth'.

If you can't 'see the light' you are either incapable of doing so, or you just don't want to see it. I personally think the latter is applicable, but I can't say for sure.
    When numbers speak, even the Gods listen. The numbers say that ~all the money the club is making is being invested back into it in the form of a wage bill roughly equal to City's. We make a lot of money, sure, but we also spend a lot on the third most valuable squad on the planet.

Take a moment to read the thread: https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1302855202089971713 . Maybe watch the video I posted the other day.

I've seen the light and it's unfortunately got little to do with the line of wishful thinking that we should be flush with cash and Mbappe and Messi are about to board the plane. I'd love for that to be the case, but it's apparently not. Take a look at the numbers and find another excuse to bash the owners. Fowler knows they've given the fans a few.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but swallow it we must, it seems.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 7th September 2020 at 08:53 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Here is said video.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Bali you're still young. You'll eventually learn that there is often a big difference between what someone says, and what the actual truth is, especially when it comes to money, and especially when it involves big business and/or politics.

We have plenty of money. We are the fifth (and rising) most valuable brand in world football, and have just signed a kit deal which could end up being the largest ever seen in the PL. We are also the current PL champions, have recently been to back to back CL finals, winning one, and we are the current WCC champions.

Other teams have large wage bills, without having the huge revenue streams that we have and are still signing players. Yes we have a nucleus of players on large contracts, but not only will those be amortised, but we have just got rid of a few player who were themselves on large wages. You cannot use Covid 19 as an excuse as it has affected everyone, with those at the top (including us) being the least affected due to the fact that such clubs get most of their revenue from sources other than ticket sales.

Then you can also factor in that we have 'spent' next to f-all (for a club of our size/standing) since Klopp took over the reigns. Yes we've built a new stand and training ground, but the former will eventually pay for itself, and both will also have added to the value of the club so you can effectively ignore that expenditure. You might also like to know that they were paid for via loans from FSG subsidiaries, with them receiving a nice wedge via interest payments.

If you or anyone else doesn't take what is being said/spun with a very large pinch or salt, I fear for you. You'll likely get taken for a ride on numerous occasions. I just hope the destinations you eventually end up at don't end up being to difficult to find your way back from.

The mighty BS have just signed James Rodriguez. If only we were at a similar level to them and had enough money to be able to sign some players.

#WeCanButDream
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 7th September 2020 at 09:47 PM.

A post I immediately cam across in regards to the above:-

"A top-notch signing for the Toffee Nosers. At least one team in Liverpool is strengthening their squad...
    I guess the Fenway Group spent all their money on Tom Brady for Tampa Bay, and nothing left for Liverpool this season.....".

Apart from getting the sport and the team wrong, the point stands.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 7th September 2020 at 09:59 PM.

if we lose anyone "big" soon (only way we ever get a big signing in)

I do hope we splash out on Håland, what a talent

Imagine how many he'd score in this team (well if all fit that is)

Noods, with the greatest of respect as you know I love the fact you're on this forum, I'd love to agree with you, I really would, but given what little I know about the club's finances, I simply can't.

Your entire, and I mean entire, argument is based on the feeling that we should be spending more money. It might surprise you to hear that I share that feeling.

You say we have plenty of money, but what do you base that on? These two summaries are the most understandable for a normal person ones I've come across. If you have something better, please share it - if FSG are screwing LFC over, I'd love to know it.

Now it seems that your opinion that FSG are underspending cannot be disproven by the numbers (since they're all lies apparently and / or the work of the devil). What would it take to convince you that LFC is investing pretty much everything it's earning back into the club?

I highly doubt you'd want the club going into debt, so let's stick with that question formulation ^.

And I'd ask you not to bring my age into this - in my experience it's usually a sign you've got nothing of actual value to say, which I highly doubt is the case with you.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 7th September 2020 at 10:19 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non