Page 263 of 659 FirstFirst ... 163213253256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Nope, it’s Edwards couldn’t float all the money up front wanted for Werner. Hoever is part of the money for Jota with Wolves. Rest to be paid later.
    Hoever not part of the deal according to Pearce. 41m rising to 45m. Linders a massive part of the deal as hes s huge fan.
    LFC wanted to keep Hoeverbut he wanted to move on to play games, allegedly Atletico and Juve were interested.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Crikey, i'd forgotten about Larouci and Nat Phillips, every little helps.
    I know I kind of obsessively post about young recruits being acquired cheap and then sold for reasonable fees to "top up" transfer funds, but, RIGHT?!?!?!?

There's spunking £41m on Ake or £80m on Harry Maguire and then there is intelligent recruitment.

We are so, so, SO Boss at absolutely everything and I love it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

My gosh. I am buzzing. The times I've watched Jota I always thought wow what a player and that he could look good in the Red. And boom it happened.

He is not the finished article but watch him blossom under the genius Klopp.

As some mentioned Mane or Salah out next term. It will hurt but clearly Klopp and the board are preparing ahead. If Jota settles and one goes next season and we sign someone of 23 or so then we could have 4/5 years of that attack again.

Will be gutted if any one of these title winners leave, as these crop of players have given us everything. But in football nothing lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Hoever not part of the deal according to Pearce. 41m rising to 45m. Linders a massive part of the deal as hes s huge fan.
    LFC wanted to keep Hoeverbut he wanted to move on to play games, allegedly Atletico and Juve were interested.
    If Hoever is going the opposite way for £13.5 than of course it is part of the deal officially or unofficially. I’m reading the same report. It says the deal hinged on less than 10% down this year by us and Hoever’s sale is part of that offset.
    Last edited by 3underpar; 18th September 2020 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    As some mentioned Mane or Salah out next term. It will hurt but clearly Klopp and the board are preparing ahead.
    On this, I'll say two things -

1. You are absolutely right - it WILL hurt but
    2. We cannot find ourselves in a position where a large percentage of the team is hitting 31-34 at the same time. Just look at what is happening at Barca right now and you see on Hell of a cautionary tale - by getting one "replaced" here and there by getting someone younger in with the intent of selling the more experienced player later, you can, over the course of 2-4 windows, get the larger percentage of the side in the 22-26 bracket, so you can "go again" as it were.

As much as I hate praising them in any way, the "recycling" of teams was something that, for the most part (not so much at the end) Ferguson and United were really good at doing. Get the best out of a player, sell while the money is still good but they're j-u-s-t over the peak and thus won't give you more than they have previously and get someone in who is on the verge of great things.

Rinse, repeat.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    If Hoever is going the opposite way for £13.5 than of course it is part of the deal officially or unofficially. I’m reading the same report.
    I guess you can look at it that way but it doesnt look like it was a deal maker. Looks like we were in for Jota anyway and theyve asked about Hoever.
    Says we turned to Jota after Watford wanted too much for Sarr. Must rate Jota highly as rumoured fee for Sarr was 40m.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    On this, I'll say two things -

1. You are absolutely right - it WILL hurt but
    2. We cannot find ourselves in a position where a large percentage of the team is hitting 31-34 at the same time. Just look at what is happening at Barca right now and you see on Hell of a cautionary tale - by getting one "replaced" here and there by getting someone younger in with the intent of selling the more experienced player later, you can, over the course of 2-4 windows, get the larger percentage of the side in the 22-26 bracket, so you can "go again" as it were.

As much as I hate praising them in any way, the "recycling" of teams was something that, for the most part (not so much at the end) Ferguson and United were really good at doing. Get the best out of a player, sell while the money is still good but they're j-u-s-t over the peak and thus won't give you more than they have previously and get someone in who is on the verge of great things.

Rinse, repeat.
    Sid along with that is the fact that those players hitting their 30s or soon to, like Wij right now, want one last big contract. The wages are too high to keep them all. We have the fourth highest around as is. Klopp and Edwards will refresh the squad a bit at a time.

There was fk all about this yesterday. Apparently the deal as been done and Jota has signed (thats what i read elsewhere)..
    Amazing stuff
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I guess you can look at it that way but it doesnt look like it was a deal maker. Looks like we were in for Jota anyway and theyve asked about Hoever.
    Says we turned to Jota after Watford wanted too much for Sarr. Must rate Jota highly as rumoured fee for Sarr was 40m.
    Yeah it’s Hoever’s fee making our payment initially to them. Would have loved Sarr but with add ons it was supposedly to rise to £50.

To be honest I rated Hoever above Williams (and even Gomez,...in terms of his potential and 'upside'), and he seemed a promising prospect with more playing time and experience (not to mention playing alongside his fellow countryman VvD).
    I will be sad to see him go and I have to imagine he wanted more playing time more than anything.

I also imagine it's because Klopp is super-confident in Koumetio's potential and development (though he seems really raw and a (much farther) down the road) prospect).

It's also possible that while he wasn't "officially" part of the deal, the club probably used his sale to Wolves to grease the wheels to get Jota.
    Can't really say I'm mad about that - especially if it's in anticipation of a departure by either Salah or Mane next year (I'm going to go ahead and guess it's Salah).
    It could also be the reason why we're reportedly still in the market for a loan deal for Dembele from Barca or possibly Mane's countryman Sarr.
    Both young players that could play in the wing positions (or as a center forward in Sarr's case). Watford's going to want a big BIG fee for Sarr (especially after they've seen what we've paid fo Jota), so I don't think that's happening.
    So I guess it depends on how much Koeman figures Dembele fits into his plans (and whether Suarez gets his much desired move to Juve). Personally not his biggest fan (he has a questionably work ethic) but Klopp seems to like him and on that basis alone I'd be on board if we got him.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!