Page 264 of 659 FirstFirst ... 164214254257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

50 quid? i can just about cover that
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Sid along with that is the fact that those players hitting their 30s or soon to, like Wij right now, want one last big contract. The wages are too high to keep them all. We have the fourth highest around as is. Klopp and Edwards will refresh the squad a bit at a time.
    Oh absolutely!

On Jota, apparently he is the fastest ball carrier in the League on one of those Opta-knockoff sites, plus third for distance carried into or inside the final third of the pitch, in the entire League. Also has good numbers for pressuring opposition players. Goals and assists may need work but you'd think in our set-up he will get more opportunity than with Wolves. Looks a really astute signing all-round.

Mendy, Alex Teixeira, Dahoud, Zielinski, Jorginho, Gotze, Brandt.

Seven players that were, at one stage or other, heavily linked through multiple outlets as "first choice" - Robertson, Mane, Salah, Fabinho and Wijnaldum all arrived "instead" and it has all worked out pretty well!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    To be honest I rated Hoever above Williams (and even Gomez,...in terms of his potential and 'upside'), and he seemed a promising prospect with more playing time and experience (not to mention playing alongside his fellow countryman VvD).
    I will be sad to see him go and I have to imagine he wanted more playing time more than anything.
    It's always hard to see young talent leave, especially as there is that sense of "what it?" although hopefully this works out in the Pacheco/Coates realm.

We're getting cash for a player with 4(?) first-team appearances, all(?) of which were in Cup competitions, who is behind two others (depending on your view) in the 19-21 age bracket, that play his favoured position. With us getting 15% of any future sale. There's a twinge of regret for me as you'd love to see him develop here and be boss, but that ultimately looks like sharp, sharp work.

Jota is the Portuguese Andy Robertson except up front and dangerous in front of goal. Great wee addition I think and a typical Klopp / FSG signing. Young, very well scouted and a bloody pain to play against.

Does anyone else think our squad looks a little bit too big and deep all of a sudden? How are they all going to get a game?

Play Thiago and Fabinho in midfield and we have a load of players to pick for four places ahead of them. Can push Keita and Gini further forward.

I think Gini has probably been told that he can leave for nothing or in January(depending on injuries)and hes agreed to give his best until then.. Milner wont be around much longer either. so there 2 midfielders that havent long left.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's always hard to see young talent leave, especially as there is that sense of "what it?" although hopefully this works out in the Pacheco/Coates realm.

We're getting cash for a player with 4(?) first-team appearances, all(?) of which were in Cup competitions, who is behind two others (depending on your view) in the 19-21 age bracket, that play his favoured position. With us getting 15% of any future sale. There's a twinge of regret for me as you'd love to see him develop here and be boss, but that ultimately looks like sharp, sharp work.

Agreed.
    You also have to feel a little bit for some of these young players and squad players when you're vying to break into the first team and one or more of the players ahead of you are basically world class and literally rated the best in the world in their position.

Which is why you kind of appreciate having someone like an Adrian as our backup because he knows and accepts his reality (that he'll never be starting ahead of Allison, but at the same time is happy enough to be the backup goalie and to be here), in contrast to Karius who would want to be starting but would face just as hard a task of upending Allison regardless of the circumstances.

Same thing for anyone covering the front three, which is why it's even more amazing that we were able to get Jota, because he probably also knows he's not starting a lot of games ahead of any of them.

But you're right.
    Great business by Edwards and the club getting a fee for him. I just hope he doesn't go on to become a megastar for them and come back to haunt us (sometimes it's hard to watch Ings tearing it up for the Saints knowing he could have been knocking in those goals fo us).
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Bah bullshit, suarez all day long he made me fall in love with the club all over again, just sensational at the time when we were truely in the shit and a pathetic team, in all fairness to rodgers he put a very good frontline together and i know kenny bought luis but ultimately replacing Suarez was impossible. As much as the current team and forwards are brilliant. They don't light a candle to suarez for excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    But you're right.
    Great business by Edwards and the club getting a fee for him. I just hope he doesn't go on to become a megastar for them and come back to haunt us (sometimes it's hard to watch Ings tearing it up for the Saints knowing he could have been knocking in those goals fo us).
    It would be nice if he doesn't, all we can do is trust the judgement of the staff when it comes to the...."projections" as it were - in much the same way you hope Brewster doesn't become the next Fowler, yet has every chance of becoming a slightly better Solanke - we won't know for a bit and the gamble is there.

On Ings, unfortunately for him, Firmino was always going to be the man getting the minutes with us and whilst I would have really loved him to have succeeded here (he seems a genuine bloke, great work-rate too) I am delighted that he seems to have found happiness in his career and am very much at peace with the business we did.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Where you getting those scoring stats?

This is from the BBC....

Meanwhile, Liverpool have targeted another addition in Wolves forward Diogo Jota, who was a surprise omission from his side's Carabao Cup defeat by Stoke on Thursday.

After the game, Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo repeatedly refused to state the reason for the Portuguese's absence.

Now it has emerged the 23-year-old former Porto and Atletico Madrid player is being targeted by Klopp's side in a deal that could be worth up to £35m.

Jota joined Wolves on loan in their 2017-18 Championship-winning campaign, making a £12.8m permanent switch in 2018. He has made 131 appearances, scoring 44 goals, including hat-tricks in last season's Europa League victories against Besiktas and Espanyol.

Any deal, which would represent a record transfer sale for Wolves, is likely to see full-back Ki-Jana Hoever move the other way.

The 18-year-old Dutchman can play either as a full-back or in central defence and fits Wolves' recent quest to bring in younger players they can develop.
    Mine are only his PL stats

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Daaaamn that's expensive! Holy balls, we must have agreed something for Shaq, Origi and Grujic at this rate!

And yes, this is now officially as hush-hush as Fabinho was. Amazing.
    Maybe wolves agreed to being paid in the year 2147 ?