Page 265 of 659 FirstFirst ... 165215255258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Maybe I should post my opinion that Mbappe will never sign for us?
    Come on noods, do it, theres a fair bit of time before the window closes.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Maybe wolves agreed to being paid in the year 2147 ?
    All jokes aside, you're probably not wrong in terms of delayed paying.

Will probably have to update this, but I think the breakdown works (roughly) as follows -

We signed Jota and are giving Wolves £4m for the privilege. We will give them £37 million next summer, with potential for a further £4 million in add-ons, depending on him meeting certain targets. Presumably Edwards etc. have factored in the £37m coming from somewhere, be it sales this window, or next Summer window, or anticipating "normality" being closer and thus revenue streams covering it. It's almost like the traditional "loan with option to buy" deal the Italian clubs love so much, only we "have" to buy.

They presumably agreed to this as we buttered them up a bit with the Hoever deal, as we are taking "only" £9 million, with a further £4.5 million depending on certain criteria being met, rather than insisting on a literal £13.5m up-front.

Think that's the gist of it, but very happy to be corrected.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Jota is the Portuguese Andy Robertson except up front and dangerous in front of goal. Great wee addition I think and a typical Klopp / FSG signing. Young, very well scouted and a bloody pain to play against.

Does anyone else think our squad looks a little bit too big and deep all of a sudden? How are they all going to get a game?

Play Thiago and Fabinho in midfield and we have a load of players to pick for four places ahead of them. Can push Keita and Gini further forward.
    38 premier league games
    at least 6 champions league games
    F A cup and League Cup games

Because of covid, clubs are going to be playing at least two games a week I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    38 premier league games
    at least 6 champions league games
    F A cup and League Cup games

Because of covid, clubs are going to be playing at least two games a week I would imagine.
    And we won't have to play a bunch of kids in the domestic cups so there will be more chances for more silverware

Jota (Bigger size Minanimo) for 45m? I thought this money will pay for Sarr or Werner? well... in Klopp I trust.
    Last edited by Joetan991; 19th September 2020 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Maybe wolves agreed to being paid in the year 2147 ?
    Apparently they did! But that still wouldn't fix the book keeping part of the deal.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

@CD

I can't see us ever going for Dembele from Barca due to his... apparently difficult character and astronomic price. Sarr was one I found very believable and I actually rate him quite highly, but if we've got Jota I can't see us signing another winger unless we sell Mane or Salah this window.

Or rather another senior winger.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Jota (Bigger size Minanimo) for 45m? I thought this money will pay for Sarr or Werner? well... in Klopp I trust.
    I'll give you Werner. Jota is a better playervthan sarr though. Looks like a very mouldable player. Klopp will turn him into ribery.

45m???....christ and people thought Werner wasn't the deal of the window???????, looks a steal now.

Gini deffo gone then?, we don't go from singing from the rooftops that we're potless then spend £45m on this kid without a significant few sales.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Apparently we've already approached Schalke regarding 20 year old Turkish CB Ozan Kabak. Anyone know anything about him?