Page 291 of 659 FirstFirst ... 191241281284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    https://images.app.goo.gl/3nTaxzrECdJWC3Da6

I couldn't find a way to actually post this in here.
    Fantastic hahaha!

His percentage of shots saved in his peak is respectable - there's a side out there who can accept 2-5 high profile errors a season and are willing to accept that as they'll still get enough saves from him for their specific needs at good (transfer market) value on account of most not wanting to touch him. Who that side is I don't know, but there's got to be one.

Here's a move that will never happen, but look at Kepa or Pickford. I truly believe Karius would have a higher save percentage for Chelsea or Everton respectively, but their fanbases couldn't live with the cringe of the comedy of the low number of highly embarrassing errors per season.

A lower mid-table side in Ligue 1, Bundesliga or Serie A could probably do well enough with Karius. I don't think his addition would automatically turn those sides into relegation candidates or anything.

What happened to him in Turkey... wasn’t his loan with an option to buy for around £7 million even considered...? Why...? Nobody willing to take a punt...?

Either way your last para Sid - it reads as an incredibly damning indictment of just how weak a hand we have in offloading him.
    Last edited by Steveo; 27th September 2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What happened to him in Turkey... wasn’t his loan with an option to buy for around £7 million even considered...? Why...? Nobody willing to take a punt...?
    He was just like when he was here. Very good at times but there was always a blunder more often than not in him. Sadly for him he's a big risk for any top team.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He was just like when he was here. Very good at times but there was always a blunder more often than not in him. Sadly for him he's a big risk for any team.

Fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Fixed...
    Don't say that , he might be a lurker 😂😂

A bit off topic, but I think I can remember someone saying a player used to be on the forum during the 90's .In the early days of the forum . I'm probably wrong as usual! !

Bet there was tbh. Internet forums were quite the place to be back then. The thirst for instant feedback must have brought many to take a peek.

There's a couple of Football groups that ex players are members of on Facebook. A few others were members too, but left because of the abuse they got from certain people.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    There's a couple of Football groups that ex players are members of on Facebook. A few others were members too, but left because of the abuse they got from certain people.
    The abuse they get is unbelievable.
    I've seen it first hand at a much lower level.
    My nephew plays in the Irish league and has had a few career treating injuries which ruined any chance of a full time career in England. And some of the private messages he's received the past few years is shocking. Anything from about his career, personal, sectarian .you name it he's received it. So what premier league players receive is probably x's 100.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The abuse they get is unbelievable.
    I've seen it first hand at a much lower level.
    My nephew plays in the Irish league and has had a few career treating injuries which ruined any chance of a full time career in England. And some of the private messages he's received the past few years is shocking. Anything from about his career, personal, sectarian .you name it he's received it. So what premier league players receive is probably x's 100.
    Yeah, it's disgusting what goes on. Some of these abusers have probably never kicked a football in their lives. They just go out of their way to cause trouble for others.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.