Page 298 of 659 FirstFirst ... 198248288291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Brewster gone to Sheff Utd for £23.5m, includes a buy back that's valid for 3 years.
    Hope he does well there, but will he get the chances to score with Sheff utd??

thought they'd be better off with some tall tank striker, but who knows

I also want him to do well so I can say ffs why didn't we give em origi instead!!!!!

Beeb

Sheffield United have agreed a deal to sign Liverpool's England Under-21 forward Rhian Brewster.

The £23.5m deal includes a buy-back option for three years and the Reds will get 15% of any sell-on fee.

Brewster, 20, helped England win the Under-17 World Cup in 2017 and scored 11 goals in 22 appearances while on loan at Swansea City last season.

The Blades are yet to score in three Premier League games this season and are 19th in the table.

So Wilson to Burnley, Shaq to wherever and we’ve broken even again.

Cool.

Would like another look at Grujic after last night’s second half effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hope he does well there, but will he get the chances to score with Sheff utd??

thought they'd be better off with some tall tank striker, but who knows

I also want him to do well so I can say ffs why didn't we give em origi instead!!!!!
    Brilliant...

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Cool.

Yep he has the quality - maybe it is just that he seems a little ponderous. Might be his demeanour?

Might just be me - but he has the look of a Yugoslav waiter from the 1980's - nice enough but just going through the motions. Probably just in my head all this

Marko...Marko Hajde idemo..
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd October 2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Cool.

Then we can splash out the money the owners are putting in on Mbappe??

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Then we can splash out the money the owners are putting in on Mbappe??
    If we acquire Mbappe it is funded by a sale of Salah or Mane and one or two others.

Use him for 4-5 years, sell to Real Madrid for what we bought him for, or higher due to inflation and him still being "only" 26 or 27, then reinvest said funds.

People may not like that methodology and I respect their opinion, but that's the way I envisage it, if it happens at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If we acquire Mbappe it is funded by a sale of Salah or Mane and one or two others.

Use him for 4-5 years, sell to Real Madrid for what we bought him for, or higher due to inflation and him still being "only" 26 or 27, then reinvest said funds.

People may not like that methodology and I respect their opinion, but that's the way I envisage it, if it happens at all.
    Only joking sid don't get all serious on me! xx

(more chance of me winning the lottery)
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd October 2020 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It might be, though we may have a clause in the contract in fairness.

I know they're off to a bad start but I'd still be a touch surprised if they got relegated truthfully.
    Yeah it would be a surprise, especially if Brewster scores goals for them!

Sometimes relegated clubs sell their best players, although it looks like Sarr is staying at Watford for now.

Good luck to Shaq and Unisex then! Good thing we have a buyback for young Rhian - think it's a great idea.

Would it be crazy to keep Marco after last night at least until the winter? I'm sure a few Bundesliga sides would be keen him in January if push comes to shove.

We've got the Fabulous one and Thiago (and Hendo) for that position, but I think he can do a decent job either side too.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non