Page 303 of 659 FirstFirst ... 203253293296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Benfica were apparently closest, but big monetary demands killed the deal.
    Harry Enfield jobby, then..

Loadsamoney!

Long live Woodward. The pound shop Michael Edwards.

2 year deal, 33 years old, 300k a week. Fuck me.
    What a joke theyve become and it couldn't happen to a nicer pack of cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Cavani is a very “Utd” signing.
    Big name, past their best, big wages.

Absolutely. Was a Monster in his day and would have been a real asset to any Premier League team if they bought him about six years ago, but now? Not so much.

Will hopefully get an important goal or two to help keep Ole around a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Was it with Kerry Katona?
    In my dreams mate, in my dreams
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

:d :d
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Precisely Sid.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If we acquire Mbappe it is funded by a sale of Salah or Mane and one or two others.

Use him for 4-5 years, sell to Real Madrid for what we bought him for, or higher due to inflation and him still being "only" 26 or 27, then reinvest said funds.

People may not like that methodology and I respect their opinion, but that's the way I envisage it, if it happens at all.
    It's not just the transfer fee.

What about wages , how much ?

And the knock on effect that will have on the other players asking for more.

Just won't happen will it.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Reportedly his agent's fee is 10m. No idea how true that is though.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    It's not just the transfer fee.

What about wages , how much ?

And the knock on effect that will have on the other players asking for more.

Just won't happen will it.
    I personally don't think it will happen, but it's interesting to me to speculate as to how it might. You'd imagine with us being a Nike club there could be some sort of situation worked out regarding a lower wage packet (than what others might pay) with Nike and ourselves working out some sort of structural rubbish to do with image rights to bolster that, given the "value" (to their brand) of having a top Footballer with 10-15 years ahead of him at what is probably the best club in the World just now on current form alongside Bayern Munich - who are Adidas sponsored.

With FSG it will come down to value. People point at Van Dijk and say we spent big money - and we did - but he is probably "worth" £100m-£150m in terms of contribution to the side and thus £75m represented excellent value in those terms. He certainly makes £80m for Maguire and £41m for Ake look ridiculous - and as laughable as the two Manchester clubs are in the market, they're still perceived to be 2 of the biggest clubs in World Football at the moment - one due to recent successes and regular European knock-out rounds, the other due to historical success. If Mbappe represents "value" and an excellent contribution on the pitch desired by Klopp, FSG may very well try - we'll know more a year from now.

Think it's more likely we target the likes of Aouar or Daka - the other thing to bear in mind is that there is always upcoming talent, so we may very well be looking mat entirely different names a year from now.