Page 317 of 659 FirstFirst ... 217267307310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324327367417 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    My point is you mentioned Butland he has been dropped at Stoke for making lots of errors in a lower league.

He was a good prospect a few years ago then did his ankle in.

The pressure at Liverpool is much much higher too one error and you are straight under pressure.

He isnt good enough for us im sure we will get someone in next season as back up.

People need to lay off Adrian yes he cost ys the Athletico game it happens but he played a huge role in us winning the league wom every game he played.
    I'm not advocating us buying Butland. My point is that a decent-good goalkeeper (even if they are having a spell of poor form) can be bought for peanuts, so one that is in the good/consistent/safe range should be able to be acquired for a fee + wages that is relatively small for a club in our position. For me, not getting a good backup keeper, along with us not buying a good-top quality CB is a false economy because there it's s a good chance that not addressing these issues is going to cost us much more if the long run.

Ryan shotton is a cb and a free agent

lols

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Phillips surely will be ahead of him

Williams and Koumetio looked Sharkey.

Next it will be bring back Lovren and Hoever or even Sakho haha

Perhaps Skrtel ...

Pretty much everyone wanted Lovren gone.
    Why would Philips be ahead of him ?
    Williams got 2 90 minutes in the efl cup, so I'd suggest hes the one Klopps looking at for the first team from the youth ranks.
    Did very well in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I'm not advocating us buying Butland. My point is that a decent-good goalkeeper (even if they are having a spell of poor form) can be bought for peanuts, so one that is in the good/consistent/safe range should be able to be acquired for a fee + wages that is relatively small for a club in our position. For me, not getting a good backup keeper, along with us not buying a good-top quality CB is a false economy because there it's s a good chance that not addressing these issues is going to cost us much more if the long run.
    Yeah we can afford them but can we get them ?? NOBODY who is of good standard wants to be a reserve keeper.

Other than Man Utd who else has a quality number 2 I cant think of anyone.

Adrian isnt great we all knew this when we signed him but he is ok for a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah we can afford them but can we get them ?? NOBODY who is of good standard wants to be a reserve keeper.

Other than Man Utd who else has a quality number 2 I cant think of anyone.

Adrian isnt great we all knew this when we signed him but he is ok for a sub.
    You answered your own question in that second line. If a club in the current position that Man U are can have a 'quality' backup keeper, then we should be able to acquire a decent/reliable one ourselves.

Adrian may be 'ok', but he's error prone, and our defence looked nervy with him there even before VVD got injured. You can't predict the future, but once events unfold in an unsatisfactory way, doing nothing about it when nothing is stopping you addressing said issue(s) is pure negligence.

Reality is ryan Shotton is better than any of our young cbs 😂

Adrian isn't the best goalkeeper in the world.
    There are probably 40 or more ahead of him.
    But they play 1st team football because that's what they want.

When Adrian won us the super cup. When he was in the trial last season at the start we won with him.

He made an error v Atletico
    An error against Villa.

As a shit stopper fine

On Saturday it was clear that if you get it at you feet ... put you frigging size euro44 through it.

Alisson is back soon. And then Oblak will all be forgotten.
    It really makes me laugh.
    Butland ffs or Oblak haha lol.

You just couldn't make it up.
    I wonder if Michael Efwards reads all this shit. He must piss himself to sleep.

Sadly for man united the glazers probably do read this kind of shit.

Cavani
    Sanchez
    Mkhitaryan
    Fred
    £80m on maguire 🤣🤣🤣
    Hahaha

Trial x team*

Edit
    Shot stopper ... 🤣🤣🤣

Who had said that we should have signed Butland?