Page 321 of 659 FirstFirst ... 221271311314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Why was leeds the only team that wanted him badly? granted he was on loan with them, but still.

you're looking at 40m+

at least he's english

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why was leeds the only team that wanted him badly? granted he was on loan with them, but still.

you're looking at 40m+

at least he's english
    Could be that we're just that much better than everyone else at spotting talent. Could be that there were teams that wanted him but couldn't agree to a deal. Could be that he's not very good, though I doubt it with our stellar scouting record of late.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Could be that we're just that much better than everyone else at spotting talent. Could be that there were teams that wanted him but couldn't agree to a deal. Could be that he's not very good, though I doubt it with our stellar scouting record of late.
    He's better than what we are left with at the moment imo.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Cech is back with chelsea, they really don't like kepa hahaha

Liverpool were linked with a potential move for Kalidou Koulibaly throughout the summer but he remained at Napoli.

However, with Virgil van Dijk now out with a long-term injury, a report from Italy claims the Reds are now ready to splash the cash on the Senegalese international centre-back.

Sport Witness cite journalist Fabio Santini being quoted by AreaNapoli as declaring:

“Attention: I have sensational news about Kalidou Koulibaly. Manchester City and United are on the Senegalese defender as well as PSG.
    "The club that is more serious for the Senegalese is Liverpool.
    "The Reds offer to Napoli a figure between 70 and 75 million euros, the sum that De Laurentiis asks.”

I'd take that right now. Would be absolute boom.

He's 29. I can't see us forking up that much cash on him, unless we believe he can play until 35-36 at the top level. Unlikely.

Which isn't to say it's impossible, especially considering his immense physique. Think I remember Rafa also saying he's a great trainer and very professional, but I could be making that up.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's 29. I can't see us forking up that much cash on him, unless we believe he can play until 35-36 at the top level. Unlikely.

Which isn't to say it's impossible, especially considering his immense physique. Think I remember Rafa also saying he's a great trainer and very professional, but I could be making that up.
    Sometimes they are going to have to break their own rules. If we are going to be buying any it will be either him or upamacho or how ever you spell it.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Sometimes they are going to have to break their own rules. If we are going to be buying any it will be either him or upamacho or how ever you spell it.
    Its Supermacado.

If we're in a good frame to possibly retain our title and still in the mix or thereabouts for possibly winning back the Champion's League save for shoring up our defense - I can totally see the club splunking out the cash for him.

Though more likely they would go for the younger Upamecano(sp?) first, and invest for a possible high value re-sale down the road.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!