Page 326 of 659 FirstFirst ... 226276316319320321322323324325326327328329330331332333336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Firmino would be best suited in the number 10 role imo. If we’re maintaining his starting birth.

He is far too inconsistent for me at number 9. He’ll have amazing games where he scores, assists. On other days he forgets how to pass when up front.

Defensively, He tracks back well and can press.

Personally, have A true number 9 with Salah and Mane either side.

Fabinho,
    Henderson- Thiago

^^ my favourite midfield, but we’ve yet to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yes of course, it wouldn't be for anyone else.

not everyone on here is a raving lunatic
    My youtube of the Arsenal game and someone;s error, you knew fine well what was wrong with it and yes there were other mistakes after that, but the point is, had someone not left their man with a rush of blood as they do 2 or 3 times every game they play, none of what followed would have happened, if Maitland Niles was picked up as he should be, Virgil and Gomez are all over their lad the ball was played into to spread wide and release Maitland-Niles and he wouldn't have a had a pass on, routine regaining of possession from Virgil, and we're back on the attack.

Does the same v Watford leaving Deeney, going to a tackle he's never getting to, doesn't get there, ball goes to Deeney, he sends Sarr clear to score, one day, when you're older, you'll see it and understand. he does it a lot and that's my issue, when you play a high line and high press and counter press you can't have your CM doing that, it leads to goals against you, it's what was happening when we were drawing too many prior to Hendo being brought back in at RCM, if he's a top DM as you claim, then we don't need another player to do half his job.

It's either rushes of blood he has, a lack of discipline or a lack of experience, but when you're the deepest midfielder as we play, covering either full back, or in front of our 2 CBs with the opposition players for transition, you can't just go charging off to try and make a tackle you're never getting to and leave that player, you just can't do it, it's going to result in a massive chance for the opposition too often and it did
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Firmino would be best suited in the number 10 role imo. If we’re maintaining his starting birth.

He is far too inconsistent for me at number 9. He’ll have amazing games where he scores, assists. On other days he forgets how to pass when up front.

Defensively, He tracks back well and can press.

Personally, have A true number 9 with Salah and Mane either side.

Fabinho,
    Henderson- Thiago

^^ my favourite midfield, but we’ve yet to see it
    We did at the bitters and it played them pricks off the park !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We did at the bitters and it played them pricks off the park !
    Totally forgot they did in that game. Think I was just worried about the ramifications of VVD’s injury. He didn’t play the full game did he? (Thiago)?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Totally forgot they did in that game. Think I was just worried about the ramifications of VVD’s injury. He didn’t play the full game did he? (Thiago)?
    He did - the extent of his injury only became apparent after.

Firmino is not a midfielder. or a striker..The number 10 role is basically a midfielder in our set up.. so is our number 9.
    We need to get away from a pretend forward. Just play a proper 4/3/3. You can always get your forward to drop back in some times. We only seem to win games of late, when teams give us space beyond. Lepzig played a very high line yesterday.

personally we need an out and out forward. what happens sometimes in our attacks. we go wide to Mane and Salah. but their angles of attack is wide of the box. theres hardly anyone in the box.. when we cross the ball in. it gets headed away by the centre backs. At least with a forward you may get chances for the player to get a shot away.

On most occasions teams play deep against us. Again with a main centre forward you have someone centrally.. Firmino has usually dropped into midfield. to try and build up play. You dont get the time to build up play against low blocks. get the ball into the box as quick has possible.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Departures will be an interesting one, in terms of what we feel is expendable, what we can actually move on (for example those who refuse to go) alongside the wages we would "free up" - plus the calculations as to what fees we will accept.

Some of these lads will certainly depart - not all, but definitely some, be it because contracts are up or we aren't getting enough from them.

Shaqiri
    Ox
    Origi
    Minamino
    Phillips
    Grujic
    Wilson
    Ojo
    Adrian
    Wijnaldum

I think I've seen

10 league titles
    5 fa cups
    8 league cups
    1 uefa cup
    6 European cups
    1 world club
    Numerous super cups

30+ trophies
    Another 10+ finals.

Not bad...

Immediately I think of the toon army
    Fuck all for 50 years.
    Then Ev ... 26 years 🤣🤣 nowt !!

Not too bad to be a liverpool fan tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    We're ****ed. For the most part Klopp has only been allowed to perform 'major surgery' when we've sold off 'one of our major organs'. Other than that the best he/we have got is being thrown a bone every now and then. If anyone is hoping for, never mind actually expecting 'major surgery' in the summer, unless we sell off one of the few remaining half decent 'organs' we do have, they are going to end up being hugely disappointed.

The way things are going both on and off the pitch (both for us and me) I think there is a distinct possibility that I won't be seeing us pick up another league title.
    Was replying to this

Outside top 5...
    ManC ManUtd Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool

In 30 years

1 league title Leicester Blackburn Leeds

27/30 won by top 5

1 fa cup Wigan Portsmouth Spurs Ev

(27/30)

2 league cups Villa Leicester Spurs
    1 league cup Birmingham Swansea Blackburn Wednesday Middlesborough

(19/30)

73 trophies out of 90