Page 328 of 659 FirstFirst ... 228278318321322323324325326327328329330331332333334335338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Not sure he can sort out either issue tbh.

3rd party ownership takes the power out of the player and selling clubs hand. Places it with the 3rd party owners, where Mino could be a stakeholder too.

Mino Raiola hardly has a reputation for being a reasonable negotiator.

With Mbappe it's a money issue and a landing him issue. Makes more sense to me.
    Paying big for a commercial cash cow has a return outside of the football pitch.
    Then that rules him out of City United and Chelsea too.

If he says I want to play in the premier league then Raiola will sort it out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The mad thing about Mbappe, for whoever buys him, is that he could potentially be bought for £173m or whatever the rumoured figure is, give a team 5 years of stellar attacking contribution, then still have huge sell-on value at age 27 or so to offset some of the outlay.

I certainly don't see us being in for him, but for whoever buys him in the top Leagues, he (injury-permitting) as near as guarantees Top Four as you can get no matter the League it's in, with a big increase in chances of deep Champion's League progression/challenges at Titles as well.

Then for the sides who are already Elite-tier he makes them stronger to a degree that is hard to quantify. A side like Bayern Munich or (heaven forbid) Man City getting him would make them absolute Monsters.
    I agree no chance he comes here the figures are just stupid.

Yes he is a very good player and he will injury permitting already know where he wants to go and my guess is Madrid.

He will want to win the ballon dor as well and if you play in Spain that increases your chances.

City could afford him when they got another £700m sponsor deal but I’m not sure Mbappe is going to fancy the English league getting kicked about by Dyche/Big Sam cloggers !

Could Chelsea afford him? His relationship with Thomas Tuchel is a bit hit and miss, but Roman could probably fund the signing with spare change down side of the sofa.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The mad thing about Mbappe, for whoever buys him, is that he could potentially be bought for £173m or whatever the rumoured figure is, give a team 5 years of stellar attacking contribution, then still have huge sell-on value at age 27 or so to offset some of the outlay.

I certainly don't see us being in for him, but for whoever buys him in the top Leagues, he (injury-permitting) as near as guarantees Top Four as you can get no matter the League it's in, with a big increase in chances of deep Champion's League progression/challenges at Titles as well.

Then for the sides who are already Elite-tier he makes them stronger to a degree that is hard to quantify. A side like Bayern Munich or (heaven forbid) Man City getting him would make them absolute Monsters.
    Agree totally. Thats the irritating thing from our point of view with FSG.
    He'd be an investment, he would make tons of money in shirts and merch etc. Like you say he's pretty much a guarantee of top 4 for any club, you would think that is an attraction to FSG as hes such a cash cow aswell as being almost certainly the worlds number 1 superstar after Messi and CR7 hang their boots up. Whoever buys him can build their team around him for years.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Then that rules him out of City United and Chelsea too.

If he says I want to play in the premier league then Raiola will sort it out for him.
    City probably have the resources to buy out the 3rd party owners and via off the book accounting

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Could Chelsea afford him? His relationship with Thomas Tuchel is a bit hit and miss, but Roman could probably fund the signing with spare change down side of the sofa.
    Yes they could !

Tuchel has never managed Haaland to my knowledge.

I agree no chance he comes here the figures are just stupid.

Yes he is a very good player and he will injury permitting already know where he wants to go and my guess is Madrid.

He will want to win the ballon dor as well and if you play in Spain that increases your chances.

City could afford him when they got another £700m sponsor deal but I’m not sure Mbappe is going to fancy the English league getting kicked about by Dyche/Big Sam cloggers !
    Why not? Never thought we’d spend 75m on VVD or the 65m on Alison.

Crazy things may happen.

Not sure what their (FSG) policies are in the MLB and buying the best players out there.

We’ll have a lot of players to move on in the summer freeing up some wages. Personally, as much as we would love to see him here, it’s probably better invested in squad depth. Haaland being the more realistic financial options, but as mentioned, he’s accompanied by some stumbling blocks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Why not? Never thought we’d spend 75m on VVD or the 65m on Alison.

Crazy things may happen.

Not sure what their (FSG) policies are in the MLB and buying the best players out there.

We’ll have a lot of players to move on in the summer freeing up some wages. Personally, as much as we would love to see him here, it’s probably better invested in squad depth. Haaland being the more realistic financial options, but as mentioned, he’s accompanied by some stumbling blocks
    The figures are too high he is going to want £400k a week minimum plus a huge signing on fee of say £20-30m.

Some will say he is worth it in some ways he is in terms of what he can make the club back.

As much as Klopp likes the kid those wages plus signing on fee could make things awkward in the dressing room.

Also how can we go from a club who didnt want to buy a CB in Jan to signing the most expensive player in the world ???

I just cannot understand how the game has got to a stage where we think paying someone £100k a week is acceptable to the average fan !!

The figures are too high he is going to want £400k a week minimum plus a huge signing on fee of say £20-30m.

Some will say he is worth it in some ways he is in terms of what he can make the club back.

As much as Klopp likes the kid those wages plus signing on fee could make things awkward in the dressing room.

Also how can we go from a club who didnt want to buy a CB in Jan to signing the most expensive player in the world ???

I just cannot understand how the game has got to a stage where we think paying someone £100k a week is acceptable to the average fan !!
    Things have definitely changed over the years LEGS. Wages, fees. It’s gotten out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Things have definitely changed over the years LEGS. Wages, fees. It’s gotten out of hand.
    Aye its mental when you think about it.

I agree with your comment about us looking for more squad depth and cheaper players doesnt mean they will be no good for us.

On paper Mbappe is the best but for us I have said for about a year Haaland would be my signing if it was possible.

There are still good players around who suit us and a few strikers like Silva/Toney drop into that category but I dont have the data on them !

Hopefully Kabak carries on as he has done then that is a CB sorted.