Page 332 of 659 FirstFirst ... 232282322325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Real will hold on to midfielder Martin Odegaard, 22, who is on loan at Arsenal, in order to lure striker and fellow Norwegian Erling Braut Haaland, 20, from Borussia Dortmund to the Bernabeu. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Hope that’s true, only leaves Mbappe one option.

Chelsea was linked earlier (again) to Haaland too.

Neuhas and Ruiz is the order of the day 2 very high quality CMs

Henderson Thiago Ruiz Neuhas Jones Fab that's the kind of stength in depth we need in midfield and to continue with our fluid midfield 3 all of those except Fab and Jones who isn't comfortable at No6 but is either side and will become comfortable at No6 in a fluid 3 over time playing would help us evolve and move forward
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think Neves would suit us not sure how much he'd cost though.

Rice good player but West Ham would ask silly money talking £60m plus.

Striker wise taking out the obvious two I think Andre Silva could be the man good in the air and is excellent one touch finisher.

PL wise if I could sign anyone it would without doubt be Neto, Wolves are the new Southampton 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Real will hold on to midfielder Martin Odegaard, 22, who is on loan at Arsenal, in order to lure striker and fellow Norwegian Erling Braut Haaland, 20, from Borussia Dortmund to the Bernabeu. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Hope that’s true, only leaves Mbappe one option.
    Few murmurs real are set to prioritise Halaand over Mbappe, also they'll go for both which would require a lot of money.

Think they have the ffp clearance to do so potentially, more so than the cash.

Maybe we should stop purchasing German born players or others who play there, as none of the ones from the last few years have set the world alight. The last decent ones we had were Hamann Babbel and Reidle, and he was at the wrong end of his career. You'd think Klopp would know the German league and who are decent. It reminds me of the Houllier days when he was buying his French dross, while Wenger was buying the good ones for Arsenal. Apologies to Firmino, i forgot about you.
    Last edited by skyebo; 19th February 2021 at 10:31 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Maybe we should stop purchasing German born players or others who play there, as none of the ones from the last few years have set the world alight. The last decent ones we had were Hamann Babbel and Reidle, and he was at the wrong end of his career. You'd think Klopp would know the German league and who are decent. It reminds me of the Houllier days when he was buying his French dross, while Wenger was buying the good ones for Arsenal.
    How many German born players has Klopp bought? I can only think of Matip and Karius.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    How many German born players has Klopp bought? I can only think of Matip and Karius.
    Yeah, and look how they have turned out, one is never fit, the other totally hopeless. Others that fit my criteria include Keita Klavan and Can.
    Last edited by skyebo; 19th February 2021 at 11:21 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Yeah, and look how they have turned out, one is never fit, the other totally hopeless. Others that fit my criteria include Keita and Can.
    I guess it's about trying to anticipate how a player from a foreign league will adapt to the physicality of the English game. Matip and Keita had decent injury records in Germany. But yeah Matip should be down the pecking order now or moved on if anyone would take him and ditto for Keita. It's frustrating because there is clearly talent in those 2

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I guess it's about trying to anticipate how a player from a foreign league will adapt to the physicality of the English game. Matip and Keita had decent injury records in Germany. But yeah Matip should be down the pecking order now or moved on if anyone would take him and ditto for Keita. It's frustrating because there is clearly talent in those 2
    Clearly talent? Matip's the second best CB in the league after Virgil when fit, mile better than any other CB on our books
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”