Page 333 of 659 FirstFirst ... 233283323326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340343383433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think the complete opposite. Think technical ability is far more apparent now. Dribbling less so. Tactics back in the 80s in England anyway was 442 get outside the full back and sling in the cross for the hatchet man storming through the middle. Cbs jobs was to tackle head and hoof. Now you have to be able to step out and play. It’s just a completely different game now. Less room for individual brilliance though.
    Yeah the 4-4-2 system made it impossible for England to get anywhere near winning any major trophies. Its hard to know really what the over all standard was in the 70s and 80s.I was either not born or too young to remember.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Maddison or Grealish given the choice?

Both if we can afford it. Cant make up my mind who would fit our system more.

Lets just splash the cash Eggy

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Both if we can afford it. Cant make up my mind who would fit our system more.

Lets just splash the cash Eggy
    haha good joke

I don't think anyone from Leicester will leave to come here if the positions stay the same.

Neither, boths main skill is winning free kicks in dangerous areas and to relieve pressure by running into players and throwing themselves to ground, if you think they'd continue getting free kicks for doing that that in a Liverpool shirt you're fucking deluded

Only England player I'd want is Rice, not next summer though, the following summer, I'll be looking for the same kind of midfielders with greater creative ability and good prowess at goalscoring, assisting directly (unlike Thiago prior to his arrival) playmaking and playing switches who would be comfortable in a fluid midfield 3, so Neuhas and Ruiz for me

Grealish doesn't even play as a midfielder, he's been playing Villa's equivalent of Mane's position and both the players i'd like are better than Maddison in the one position he plays, much better and are better technically, and in the press and in other positions also, which is what you need for a fluid 3
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Neither, boths main skill is winning free kicks in dangerous areas and to relieve pressure by running into players and throwing themselves to ground, if you think they'd continue getting free kicks for doing that that in a Liverpool shirt you're fucking deluded

Only England player I'd want is Rice, not next summer though, the following summer, I'll be looking for the same kind of midfielders with greater creative ability and good prowess at goalscoring, assisting directly (unlike Thiago prior to his arrival) playmaking and playing switches who would be comfortable in a fluid midfield 3, so Neuhas and Ruiz for me

Grealish doesn't even play as a midfielder, he's been playing Villa's equivalent of Mane's position and both the players i'd like are better than Maddison in the one position he plays, much better and are better technically, and in the press and in other positions also, which is what you need for a fluid 3
    If you say so.

I am concerned that if Jurgen does not reverse this terrible run of results that he will either get a small transfer budget or may even be sacked and a new manager will also get precious little.
    We need to finish in CL places.

I'd be very happy with Rice. Klopp coild make him outstanding and I defo see him as the long term replacement for Hendo.
    Has a great engine on him, still raw but the potential to be top drawer is there.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I am concerned that if Jurgen does not reverse this terrible run of results that he will either get a small transfer budget or may even be sacked and a new manager will also get precious little.
    We need to finish in CL places.
    I'm 100% not concerned he would be sacked. If he was FSG would be signing their own death warrant. There would be hell on.
    A small budget is a worry because finishing outside the top4 is pretty much nailed on. We have got too much work to do for that.

Agree with that.
    Anyone in our two wide positions

Needs pace and goals.

Neto and Mbappe fit that.

Our midfield needs strong running and creative and perhaps a goal ... Neves was doing that.

Have wolves become the new Southampton?