Page 336 of 659 FirstFirst ... 236286326329330331332333334335336337338339340341342343346386436 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

He wouldnt want to take the job himself now anyway. He knows he needs more experience.
    Talking about managers really is silly.
    The only way Klopp goes is on his terms, there is not a prayer he gets sacked. Not one single prayer at all.

What was that Sid about a third treble in a row for Brendan?
    Regarding Gerard I think they will regard his success at Rangers as just amazing and therefore......

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Massive no from me on Gerrard for the time-being.

Brendan was on the way to winning a third Treble in a row. This did not mean we wanted him back.

Credit where due, Stevie is doing a very good job there thus far, but that doesn't necessarily translate to doing a good job for us.
    You only have to look at Souness' time here to know what can happen when an ex player returns as manager.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    What was that Sid about a third treble in a row for Brendan?
    He didn't win it with them as he left before the end of the season, but Rodgers had Celtic en route to a third Treble on the spin.

He did, didn't he? I haven't imagines this? Was a big part of the uproar when he left for Leicester? Neil Lennon picks up where Rodgers left off, they do indeed get the Treble again, Lennon stays on?

Rodgers' stock is rising nicely, to keep Leicester in the hunt this far into the season is a great achievement.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He didn't win it with them as he left before the end of the season, but Rodgers had Celtic en route to a third Treble on the spin.

He did, didn't he? I haven't imagines this? Was a big part of the uproar when he left for Leicester? Neil Lennon picks up where Rodgers left off, they do indeed get the Treble again, Lennon stays on?
    Sorry Sid. I thought you were referring to his time at LFC.
    Back to Gerard. FSG put Jurgen in charge with Gerard learning with the youth team.
    I think they always saw that as a natural learning path and to learn from Jurgen as 1st team coach for 4-5 years then eventually succeed.
    Gerard chose a different path.
    Once again I stress that the Americans have a romantic notion re English football and would follow this up if circumstances presented themselves accordingly.
    On the one hand they are romantic about English football and LFC and on the other hand they are ruthless businessmen.
    Are you saying that Liverpool fans would not welcome Steven Gerard if they should sack Jürgen?

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Rodgers' stock is rising nicely, to keep Leicester in the hunt this far into the season is a great achievement.
    The other teams around them are struggling. They'll drop off as they did last season. Man's a bottler. The 6-1 defeat to spurs and fielding a ridiculous CL side was just scandalous

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He's a bullshitting shit cunt chancer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He wouldnt want to take the job himself now anyway. He knows he needs more experience.
    Talking about managers really is silly.
    The only way Klopp goes is on his terms, there is not a prayer he gets sacked. Not one single prayer at all.
    I wish that were the case Tees, but as others mentioned, business is ruthless, especially when it's a numbers game.

They might look back at themselves and consider if net spend was worth it.

Americans will bleed you dry or plunge you into debt, hoping they make you look attractive enough for oil money when things aren't going their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's a bullshitting shit cunt chancer
    Not keen on him ?