Page 337 of 659 FirstFirst ... 237287327330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Lets see if he can keep Leicester in the top 4. they fell down like a sack of spuds last season when it was nailed on for them to get in the top 4.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I wish that were the case Tees, but as others mentioned, business is ruthless, especially when it's a numbers game.

They might look back at themselves and consider if net spend was worth it.

Americans will bleed you dry or plunge you into debt, hoping they make you look attractive enough for oil money when things aren't going their way.
    Does anyone seriously think that if Gerard was offered the Liverpool manager job he would turn it down? Such chances would come but once in a lifetime.

If they sack Klopp they may as well fuck off as well.. he should leave when he wants to leave.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Does anyone seriously think that if Gerard was offered the Liverpool manager job he would turn it down? Such chances would come but once in a lifetime.
    He probably wouldn't turn it down, i just don't want him to be offered it. There will be better managers around when Klopp eventually goes.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I wish that were the case Tees, but as others mentioned, business is ruthless, especially when it's a numbers game.

They might look back at themselves and consider if net spend was worth it.

Americans will bleed you dry or plunge you into debt, hoping they make you look attractive enough for oil money when things aren't going their way.
    Agree. Theyve bled this fucking team dry which is probably the main reason for our current predicament.
    From what I remember it was always their plan to sell us on eventually wasnt it? Or have I dreamt that?
    If so I wonder when that point is, our stock is as high as its ever been even with this season. I wouldn't be arsed at all about being bought by an oil firm. We aren't City or PSG. We have earned our status through the last 100 or so years.
    Success under them ways feels short term like in US sports. Theres rarely a side that constantly dominates.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He probably wouldn't turn it down, i just don't want him to be offered it. There will be better managers around when Klopp eventually goes.
    Agreed Skyebo

I think he would. He wouldnt want his legacy tarnished, pretty sure he'd admit now he's nowhere near ready for a job of that magnitude. Overthrowing the Celtic dominance on the budget hes had is impressive. I'm really happy for him.

I hope he gets it at some stage but only when it’s deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. Theyve bled this fucking team dry which is probably the main reason for our current predicament.
    From what I remember it was always their plan to sell us on eventually wasnt it? Or have I dreamt that?
    If so I wonder when that point is, our stock is as high as its ever been even with this season. I wouldn't be arsed at all about being bought by an oil firm. We aren't City or PSG. We have earned our status through the last 100 or so years.
    Success under them ways feels short term like in US sports. Theres rarely a side that constantly dominates.
    Hi Tees
    I don' t recall a short term plan to sell on.
    I just remember how close we were to going under and this romantic notion of owning such a historic English team - re Shankly Paisley etc.
    Perhaps it was me that was dreaming.
    Perhaps very soon we will find out.
    To be fair we have not done so bad under FSG compared to last 30 years.
    For myself I have had the 60s 70s and 80s and so I have been spoilt really.

Hi Tees
    I don' t recall a short term plan to sell on.
    I just remember how close we were to going under and this romantic notion of owning such a historic English team - re Shankly Paisley etc.
    Perhaps it was me that was dreaming.
    Perhaps very soon we will find out.
    To be fair we have not done so bad under FSG compared to last 30 years.
    For myself I have had the 60s 70s and 80s and so I have been spoilt really.
    I must be mistaken then, I thought we were always "for sale" of they deemed an offer good enough.
    You are right saying we havent done bad under them. They have got us in a good spot and most of us give that credit to them, I just feel maybe they have gone as far as they can or want to go now. This summer will tell us that I think.