Page 339 of 659 FirstFirst ... 239289329332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Yep we’re definitely playing the same game. £480m in two summers.

“Blues owner Roman Abramovich will give Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel £260m to spend in the next transfer window, regardless of whether the club qualifies for the Champions League. (Tutto Mercato, via Star)”
    Utterly ridiculous. how can anyone compete with that??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Yep we’re definitely playing the same game. £480m in two summers.

“Blues owner Roman Abramovich will give Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel £260m to spend in the next transfer window, regardless of whether the club qualifies for the Champions League. (Tutto Mercato, via Star)”
    Mbappe or Haaland heading to Chelsea then. Mino Raiola has said:

"Only a maximum of 10 clubs can afford to buy [Haaland] and give the platform you would like after you've been in Dortmund… and four of those clubs are in [England].

I assume the four clubs are city, United, Chelsea and us, thought there’s no way we’ll compete unless we sell a few fringe players plus Mané or Salah. Or maybe the forth team isn’t us.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Its a very vague comment by Raiola and by saying 10 teams then his options are open it is also a truthful statement.

As for Chelsea we'll have to see but if they do spend over £200m i'd like to know how that gets past FFP rules as they will have lost £80-100m at least due to Covid/BCD.

I wouldnt be surprised if Bayern got Haaland they like to hoover up all the talent in Germany and its a nailed on title on your cv too.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Utterly ridiculous. how can anyone compete with that??
    You never know - we could make a killing on Davies and Kabak, seeing as we got both for a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    As for Chelsea we'll have to see but if they do spend over £200m i'd like to know how that gets past FFP rules as they will have lost £80-100m at least due to Covid/BCD.
    I see it one of 2 ways. Either FFP is basically dead for the Oil clubs as there are back-handers occuring and Chelsea plough on with a care-free "alright, what're you going to do about it?" because Abramovich would have access to the best capacity to bribe and/or intimidate and/or lawyers.

Or they somehow meet FFP via a couple of dodgy dealings. Selling players for prices we wouldn't get because Abramovich sneakily gives the buying club money under the table.

Either way it stinks.

Kabak is not our player. If Edwards can get a huge payment for him Then he is super human. But i know what you mean.
    On one hand i want the owners to compete with Chelsea and Man-city and on the other hand they will just carry on spending indefinitely. Chelsea wouldnt exist has a club if it wasnt for Roman. hes lost at least a billion and half in debt.
    Man-city can pay 125 million during a pandemic..I was wrong the other day it was 65 million for Dias. not 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I see it one of 2 ways. Either FFP is basically dead for the Oil clubs as there are back-handers occuring and Chelsea plough on with a care-free "alright, what're you going to do about it?" because Abramovich would have access to the best capacity to bribe and/or intimidate and/or lawyers.

Or they somehow meet FFP via a couple of dodgy dealings. Selling players for prices we wouldn't get because Abramovich sneakily gives the buying club money under the table.

Either way it stinks.
    Theres been several teams that have broken the FFP and none of them have ever been banned. In fact theres fuck all Uefa can do. These clubs are too powerful. If the massive clubs wanted a super league. It will happen, no matter how UEFA is against it. They can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Its a very vague comment by Raiola and by saying 10 teams then his options are open it is also a truthful statement.

I wouldnt be surprised if Bayern got Haaland they like to hoover up all the talent in Germany and its a nailed on title on your cv too.
    Hes also a scumbag parasite so I wouldnt believe a word he says. Moot points anyway in my opinion as we won't go anywhere near him and I'd suspect Utd won't either after the carry on with Poglet.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Hes also a scumbag parasite so I wouldnt believe a word he says. Moot points anyway in my opinion as we won't go anywhere near him and I'd suspect Utd won't either after the carry on with Poglet.
    Yes he doesnt come over as a nice chap but then again dont think many agents are.

Its not a statement that is a lie by him its pretty obvious there is only a handful of clubs who could get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Either way it stinks.
    The more money you have the more loop holes you can find.