Page 340 of 659 FirstFirst ... 240290330333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The more money you have the more loop holes you can find.
    All too infuriating and disheartening - also all too true.

Unless you made your pile in hedge funds via successfully selling soybean stock?

Gotta love them traders - especially those from farming stock - such interesting folk.

Abramovich’s story - though a tad shady - is much more interesting and he seems to have more passion for football than trading!

There is an old saying 'Behind every fortune there is a crime'.
    But the oligarchs are the worst of the worst.
    Caused untold misery and suffering on their own people. Just thieves.

Chance for everyone here to get a look at Neuhas against top Premier League opposition as Monchengladbach take on City tonight
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    There is an old saying 'Behind every fortune there is a crime'.
    But the oligarchs are the worst of the worst.
    Caused untold misery and suffering on their own people. Just thieves.
    More suffering than the bankers? I know the name conjures up images of Russians ( for those who don't know it's origin) - oooh eeergh - those baby eating villains .. but seriously Roman profiteered from that drunk crook and friend of the US Boris yeltsin!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    More suffering than the bankers? I know the name conjures up images of Russians ( for those who don't know it's origin) - oooh eeergh - those baby eating villains .. but seriously Roman profiteered from that drunk crook and friend of the US Boris yeltsin!
    Well I don't agree with you. Don't think this forum is the place to go into what happened in Russia between 1989 and 2000. It is really disgusting. Thousands starved. 60 year old women trying to flog their bodies on the streets of Moscow. Complete collapse of the entire structure and system, and all the assets of that huge country stolen by a handful of self serving thugs. You can blame Gorbachev and Yeltsin up to a point but the real sinister forces at play were Abrahmovich and his cronies.
    If you haven't read it i would recommend Second Hand Time by Svetlana Alexiavich. A mind blowing and shocking book, full of first hand accounts of what happened there.

Nor I with you. journalists - especially those with vested interests do not always possess the most accurate information. Certainly not western media darlings like Alexiavich.

Unfortunately I know first hand what happened and some of those involved too.

And Gorbachev was a decent fellow just a n ideological fool.

This isn’t the place for this discussion nor would I be able to be totally Frank on the subject even if it were.

As for Banking - no it has a history every bit as murky and far more have starved to death at its hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Nor I with you. journalists - especially those with vested interests do not always possess the most accurate information. Certainly not western media darlings like Alexiavich.

Unfortunately I know first hand what happened and some of those involved too.

And Gorbachev was a decent fellow just a n ideological fool.

This isn’t the place for this discussion nor would I be able to be totally Frank on the subject even if it were.

As for Banking - no it has a history every bit as murky and far more have starved to death at its hands.
    Just because she is a media darling doesn't mean her sources are inaccurate.
    Ok mate, let's agree to differ and get back to the football.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Just because she is a media darling doesn't mean her sources are inaccurate.
    Ok mate, let's agree to differ and get back to the football.
    Start a thread in off Topic? I'd genuinely be interested to know what both of you think and know. Didnt know anything about the oligarchs power grab until recently after watching Curtis' Cant get you out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Start a thread in off Topic? I'd genuinely be interested to know what both of you think and know. Didnt know anything about the oligarchs power grab until recently after watching Curtis' Cant get you out of my head.
    I watched all six of them too. He is brilliant Adam Curtis, if a bit all over the place.
    To be honest though don't want to get bogged down in an off topic thread.
    I used to hate Chelsea even before Abrahamavich came in. Loads of right wing thugs in their fan base. They even have anti semitic chants. Do they not realise that Abrahamavich is Jewish.