Page 342 of 659 FirstFirst ... 242292332335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Jota's our striker and give Gini a new 3 year deal ffs if that's what he wants, we pay enough in wages to sick notes who barely play, being tight with an exceptional player with an exceptional availability record is an absolute nonsense
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Reading the last few pages

We live in a greedy horrid world !

Neto's created 55 chances so far this season in a Wolves side that has been struggling and he doesn't take their free kicks or corners, he would be an absolutely brilliant signing and fit right in and much to CCTV's delight, together with Jota, would actually give us the players to play both 433 and 4231 very well

Much better option than Sarr from Watford

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Much better option than Sarr from Watford
    Agreed. Saar looks like a poor man's Shola Ameobi
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I would love us to get Neto. But the media are talking him up a lot now. Probably be loads of clubs in for him. I agree he would seem to be a great fit for us both in terms of style of play and his age and profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Jota's our striker and give Gini a new 3 year deal ffs if that's what he wants, we pay enough in wages to sick notes who barely play, being tight with an exceptional player with an exceptional availability record is an absolute nonsense
    Spot on. I really can't understand the problem. There must be more to it than the length of contract surely. It's mad otherwise.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

There must be. It makes no sense at all purely from a cost point of view aside from the fact he's a good player.
    Let him leave for free, pay big money for a midfielder who'll likely not be as good or will take time versus giving him his deal and keeping a valuable player.
    It seems ridiculous. I wonder if its something like guarantees around games he'll play.

Seems very odd to be losing a player that plays every game alright.

Neto, Schuurs and Ruiz will do the trick for me, really need a second commanding centre back, we have one in Matip who is absolutely superb when fit, but sadly never fit for long enough, Gomez, Kabak really aren't what we need, they aren't good enough aerially or in one v ones or in their distribution for me

With the ability we have at delivery on set pieces having 2 huge aerial threats from our CB's and being able to analyse how sides try to defend that first half and exploiting it second half finding one of the players of lesser stature quite a number of times to score, the big lads threat occupying several opposition defenders always worked really well for us the last 2 seasons and we've really missed that and of course the goals the 2 commanding CBs will score from set pieces also

Not having any real aerial threat for so many games this season to do all those things this season has been an absolute disaster, we scored quite a number of breakthrough goals from set pieces in the last 2 seasons through Virgil and Matip or as described