Page 345 of 659 FirstFirst ... 245295335338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

I know it’s not a popular view on here but Gomez is a squad player at best.
    We need a player at Matip’s level to be first choice alongside Virgil.
    Again.. I want what’s best for the team, not the player or the nicest lad who’s doing his best.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I know it’s not a popular view on here but Gomez is a squad player at best.
    We need a player at Matip’s level to be first choice alongside Virgil.
    Again.. I want what’s best for the team, not the player or the nicest lad who’s doing his best.
    Most people here obviously do disagree, but for me you've hit the nail well and truly on the head there Miller, very good squad player who can fill in when needed at RB, LB and CB, very very useful to help see games out and give Trent or Robbo 15-20 minutes rest, but we absolutely do need a player at Matip's level to be first choice alongside Virgil
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think you are misreading what im saying I want us to sign another CB as well.

I am saying Gomez is a good CB and nothing will change that opinion.

Also Schurrs has played against BCD/Covid version of Mane who lets face it has had his worst season for us by a mile.

Obviously you wouldnt find any defender wanting to be left one v one against Mane/Salah.

Whatever happens (Champion's League budget or not) this Summer, we do need to start looking at some of the situations we have with age profile.

We've a few players now that are 29 or older, with their wages not being the smallest. The last thing we want to do is to have a situation where a large percentage of the squad are 32 or older in a League as physical as this one, with a Manager who has us play a particularly physical style/philosophy/set-up in an already physical/quick League.

Some of our "younger" players (relative speaking) like Keita have been injury-prone and thus we couldn't rely on them. We also (probably) won't have as many tricks up our sleeve with the likes of getting good money for Ibe/Solanke/Brewster type players as Covid-hit clubs will be seeking safe bets/value-for-money. We also won't get the sort of money we would have liked for selling a member of the front three with a view to reinvesting, as each year the end of their contracts draws a little closer and their age goes up - again, within the context of a Covid-hit climate, so there will be decisions to make.

Alisson, Van Dijk, Henderson and Salah I think most of us would happily keep into their 30s, but overall a Squad should really consist largely of the 23-27 bracket in my view with a few wiser heads and some promising talent offering support to that and some of our lads have essentially lost a season of their peak years (the likes of Fabinho and Jota) due to injury issues. The age profile situation also probably underlines why Wijnaldum hasn't automatically been given what he wants, though I think he falls into that bracket of players you wouldn't mind having around at 31-33 years of age.

We don't need to alter everything all at once by any means - 10 out, 10 in isn't necessary. But we most certainly can't put our heads in the sand on this.

I would say that we need to be far far bolder as a club.

We need to be MUCH more proactive - especially at crucial times (summer 2019 for instance), move on from this sell to buy ( we had record profits but have bills to pay ) small club mentality.

Otherwise there will be no return to any form of dominance ( Liverpool FC becomes just a better Leicester sodding City - despite being one of the biggest clubs on the planet) accept our fate throw up hands - say we can’t compete with City or United or others and keep looking for more “tricks up our sleeve”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I would say that we need to be far far bolder as a club.

We need to be MUCH more proactive - especially at crucial times (summer 2019 for instance), move on from this sell to buy ( we had record profits but have bills to pay ) small club mentality.

Otherwise there will be no return to any form of dominance ( Liverpool FC becomes just a better Leicester sodding City - despite being one of the biggest clubs on the planet) accept our fate throw up hands - say we can’t compete with City or United or others and keep looking for more “tricks up our sleeve”
    Agree fully. This summer will prove a lot of things in my opinion.
    The most important being just how serious FSG are about sustaining our position.

Yes Jurgen, if they’re not up for the fight then take your pampered, over paid, prima Donna ass elsewhere.

“ Jurgen Klopp told reporters that he is not interested in players who don’t want to stay with Liverpool, or indeed come to the club, without the Reds being in the Champions League, as reported by the Mirror.

The Merseysiders currently find themselves in unfamiliar territory, loitering near the mid-table for the first time since the German arrived in 2015.

“If a player wants to leave because we don’t play CL then I don’t want him. If a player does not want to come to us because we don’t play Champions League next season, then I don’t want him,” the former Dortmund coach said. “And It is not a personal thing, but it is always like this. You always need to find the right squad for the challenges you face. Then you go for it. It is nothing I worry about.”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Yes Jurgen, if they’re not up for the fight then take your pampered, over paid, prima Donna ass elsewhere.

“ Jurgen Klopp told reporters that he is not interested in players who don’t want to stay with Liverpool, or indeed come to the club, without the Reds being in the Champions League, as reported by the Mirror.

The Merseysiders currently find themselves in unfamiliar territory, loitering near the mid-table for the first time since the German arrived in 2015.

“If a player wants to leave because we don’t play CL then I don’t want him. If a player does not want to come to us because we don’t play Champions League next season, then I don’t want him,” the former Dortmund coach said. “And It is not a personal thing, but it is always like this. You always need to find the right squad for the challenges you face. Then you go for it. It is nothing I worry about.”
    Mo or Mane would find life incredibly tough away from Liverpool, they've both benefitted enormously from Jurgen setting up so the rest of the team works it's bollocks off selflessly to support them playing as they do and if they went to a big Spanish or Italian club and missed the number and sort of golden chances they both have in far too many games this season, they'd find themselves warming the bench after the media crucified them, as that's pretty much how it goes in Spain and Italy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mo or Mane would find life incredibly tough away from Liverpool, they've both benefitted enormously from Jurgen setting up so the rest of the team works it's bollocks off selflessly to support them playing as they do and if they went to a big Spanish or Italian club and missed the number and sort of golden chances they both have in far too many games this season, they'd find themselves warming the bench after the media crucified them, as that's pretty much how it goes in Spain and Italy
    Coutinho and Emre Can are the good example, apart from Minamino ( who didn't have much chances ) no one could play better under other coaches or system, If those superstars don't really appreciate Klopp, they are free to leave.

Our season basically finished after 3 first choice CD out, I am not worried, we will be back next season stronger.

I’d be happy to say goodbye to,

Firmino - To slow
    Wijnadlum - he’s leaving anway
    Shaquri - Not good enough
    Oxle - Doesn’t offer enough and to slow
    Origi - Shit
    Adrian - dodgy
    Tsmikas - god knows why we got him
    Matip - always injured and to slow
    Milner - To slow
    Keita - Have no idea what he offers
    Kabak - To slow