Page 356 of 659 FirstFirst ... 256306346349350351352353354355356357358359360361362363366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But let Lovren - Brewster and Lallana go in the same window.

Flipping heck you are easily pleased.

If we had not signed Jota and Thiago that would have been zero senior incomings since the summer of 2018!!!

The fact is - we wouldn’t want Klopp to be taking about signings and have the world and his dog know we are in the market lest the prices shoot up. But in the market we are. Ageing squad of players who have been run into the ground - amd I have mentioned many times who I blame for that.

Gini on the way out - Matip totally unreliable... Bobby looking past it - Hendo breaking down more and more and Mané - looking like he has other issues on his mind.

We have 1 world class CB and a Keeper... 1 of each and unless Virgil comes back at the peak of his powers - we are going to need a fuckload of investment to get us back to where we were in summer 2019 - if that is even possible.
    Maybe read the post I replied to and my post Pillock

City looked wanked last year, silva left, turned it around with a few additions in the summer gone after a poor enough start.

I dont share your eternal pessimism. Let's see what happens in the summer.

Their shiny new £65m CB helped

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Maybe read the post I replied to and my post Pillock

City looked wanked last year, silva left, turned it around with a few additions in the summer gone after a poor enough start.

I dont share your eternal pessimism. Let's see what happens in the summer.
    That’s most likely because you don’t only live in denial but also in cloud cuckoo land.

Chuckle..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That’s most likely because you don’t only live in denial but also in cloud cuckoo land.

Chuckle..
    You counted a cup game in your stats to claim fatigue with a team where majority of the players were not the players you were talking about. Same way people counted cup games before to inflate the with Hendo effect, closer examination of those stats showed they included several cup games minus the majority or entirety of first team players. Even the game where our kids played and lost to villa. The without Hendo effect still stood, untested by quantitative analysis for significance of course.

This last week you suggested people curtail celebrating our CL win as we had a 2 goal lead going into it. Yet no such consideration in the second leg v Atletico. Which we won in normal time and lost due to Adrian, a summer signing, albeit cheap.

I looked at our 9 games after the restart ending the 19/20 season. Then compared 9 league games prior to it. You focused on as short a run of games so as to include all losses, my method was more objective. Yours selective to justify a theory.

You offered mental complacency for our drop in form after the covid 1 break when rested up. But no such consideration for the game v Watford. That was physical fatigue, no place for mentality slipping there, thats only after the break.
    Because the league was still in the balance at that point right ? Losing yo Watford put our title in jeopardy...
    I do think our mentality cost us v Atletico, overly arrogant, a fine line to thread. Seen in robbos and klopps post match media.

All in all I found this thesis of yours lacking, but we all have our opinions. I disagree with 19 re fabinho but he has defended his case more robustly.
    In the clouds and hopeful or trapped behind the couch

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Their shiny new £65m CB helped
    Especially with their other new CB, +40m, picking up an injury.

@CCTV. I don't think you or Steveo are wrong. Its both plus other reasons for the nosedive in our season. A very unlucky coming together of lots of things that have all colluded to have a huge effect.
    There is no doubt about the squad needing some major bolstering. Steveos point about an ageing squad is right, it didn't seem to be an issue until recently and when you look at it there are some players hitting the wrong side of the age bracket.

@CC I don’t need to defend what is clear and obvious for anyone with eyes to see and no agenda to push.

I think CC has a friend in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Speaking of forwards, Alexander Isak looks very promising on paper.

6'4 and technically gifted, still 21 I think - injury record good thus far as well. Someone will be in for him.
    Linked in Austrian press today apparently.

Hopefully genuine.

There is also talk that Napoli would part with Koulibaly for £38m or so at the moment. If there is any truth to that whatsoever there will be a scramble from a few clubs for him.

Ahh the penny has dropped, now I see why we’re being linked with him.

“Berge hasn't featured much this season having picked up an injury in mid-December, but he's showcased some of his qualities at Bramall Lane in just over a year in England and Klopp has previously described him as a 'very interesting player'.

Seems like an ideal cut price replacement for the Netherlands captain, Champions Lwague, Super Cup, Club World Cup and Premier League winner, who has played more games than anyone in this injury ravaged season.

I will not be happy with bringing this very average plodder to Anfield. I do hope it’s all click bait nonsense. He’s not even as good as Grujic.