Page 358 of 659 FirstFirst ... 258308348351352353354355356357358359360361362363364365368408458 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Ings would be made to go there. he wont get many starts
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I only wish the best for Danny Ings, after the shocking injuries he had when on our books. Great attitude, and scores goals everywhere he has been. I know he has said he would like to play Champions league football. who can blame him, of course i would rather he went to Ajax or Rangers even , rather than one of our direct rivals.
    Given the quality (or lack of) with some of our existing players, never mind their injury records, I would rather we had kept hold off Ings instead, even if he was injury prone. At least with Ings we would have had someone to give us more threat/quality in the final third of the pitch.

I know some are going to say there was some kind of agreement between 'us', Klopp and Ings, but as I've said before, I would not be in the least bit surprised if Klopp wanted to keep Ings but his hand was forced by our benevolent owners.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 23rd March 2021 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    One I would be interested in is Martin Odegaard. He is a very tidy player..
    I agree, family are big Liverpool fans too

Shame he chose Madrid over us as Madrid would be better for his ‘development’.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    One I would be interested in is Martin Odegaard. He is a very tidy player. Watching him in particular v West Ham last weekend his final ball, often in very tight areas was terrific, very rarely missed it. He was playing the sort of passes in and around the penalty area with ease, that our lads routinely give straight to the opposition week in, week out.
    Should be available in the summer too, think we may be able to prise him away from Arsenal’s clutches, pretty sure he was a reds fan as a kid.
    Agree. He looks good from what I've seen, exactly the type of midfielder we need if he was to play like that regularly. Hes skillfull and picked pretty much every pass out he tried.
    I remember us being linked with him at the time of him going to Madrid. Crazy that he went there when you think about it.

Kinda shows the technical quality gap between the best in Spain and Italy v here. We are miles behind still - we play in a tougher league right now with that tempo and physicality but they have the better footballers and the better footballers want to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Kinda shows the technical quality gap between the best in Spain and Italy v here. We are miles behind still - we play in a tougher league right now with that tempo and physicality but they have the better footballers and the better footballers want to play there.
    Even after nearly 20 years of pretty much being the most lucrative league we still aren't producing technically good players. Or certainly very few.
    Its strange why that is, England are always behind the curve when it comes to this. They always want to copy the latest successful blueprint and doesn't work. They have enough money in that league to be providing some ingenuity and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Even after nearly 20 years of pretty much being the most lucrative league we still aren't producing technically good players. Or certainly very few.
    Its strange why that is, England are always behind the curve when it comes to this. They always want to copy the latest successful blueprint and doesn't work. They have enough money in that league to be providing some ingenuity and quality.
    Grass roots football might be the key. My lad has plenty of skill - would be allowed to take his time and develop on the continent I am sure but already he is being trained to be fast and strong - aged 10!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Still think thiago is wij's replacement

doesn't mean we won't sign another midfielder though, HOPEFULLY ONE THAT CAN ACTUALLY ASSIST AND SCORE

we really miss a attacking mid that other teams have
    It seems to me that Thiago is Wijnaldums replacement too. And as much as we all want a number 9 I feel like Jota has been signed to phase out Firmino.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    It seems to me that Thiago is Wijnaldums replacement too. And as much as we all want a number 9 I feel like Jota has been signed to phase out Firmino.
    We’ll need more if we’re to put in a decent challenge for 4th next year.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We’ll need more if we’re to put in a decent challenge for 4th next year.
    Fear not mate, according to the gossip columns we're looking to bring back Luis Suarez . And If his performances against Chelsea are anything to go by we may well take a punt at Fernando Torres aswell.