Page 361 of 659 FirstFirst ... 261311351354355356357358359360361362363364365366367368371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Patson Daka is an interesting one available for around £20m and Zambia didnt qualify for African Nations.

If not us someone like Brighton with the amount of chances are create should be all over him.

To be honest the big strikers are Martinez Haland Mbappe who else is there really ??

I mean Watkins would cost £50m why pay that when Daka as an example is far cheaper.
    No risk of him disappearing to the African Cup, plus with Watkins you would get the usual English player favouritism - see Sterling and Kane - no accusations of diving would stick, multiple penalties and FK would be granted religiously and the media would be falling over themselves to cream over evry half decent thing he does.

So despite the price hike for English players - there is a massive flip side.
    Last edited by Steveo; 26th March 2021 at 02:01 PM.

When we are linked with player who seem to be a bit underwhelming, I have to think back to when we signed Andy Robertson and Gini Wijnaldum. And how that turned out.

Ah, the old constant. The torturous Summer/Winter Transfer threads.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Death, taxes, me being unlucky, and football fans talking about who their club may or may not sign during the next transfer window are the only things that are guaranteed in life.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Death, taxes, me being unlucky, and football fans talking about who their club may or may not sign during the next transfer window are the only things that are guaranteed in life.
    You're not unlucky Noods. You just have no luck.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

If it wasn't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You're not unlucky Noods. You just have no luck.
    Nah. I could deal with having 'no luck' i.e. having things work out as they should, rather than experiencing bouts of abnormally good or bad luck. My problem is that I (as Justme pointed out) have had nothing but continuous bad luck throughout my life, and I haven't even had periods of 'neutrality' never mind some actual good luck.

Think it will be something like -

Kabak
    Bissouma
    Raphinha

+ some sales. Perhaps another player coming in depending on said sales.

That way you provide additions in each "third" of the pitch whilst bringing the average age of the squad down. I wouldn't be deliriously happy if it pans out this way, but I wouldn't be gutted either.

Key thing is to have the depth in key positions, particularly centre-back. A "marquee" signing would be great, though wouldn't want a "name" for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Kabak
    Bissouma
    Raphinha

That way you provide additions in each "third" of the pitch whilst bringing the average age of the squad down. I wouldn't be deliriously happy if it pans out this way, but I wouldn't be gutted either.

Key thing is to have the depth in key positions, particularly centre-back. A "marquee" signing would be great, though wouldn't want a "name" for the sake of it.
    We can save the marquee signings for the summer of 2022 when we sign Mbappe for free and trigger Haalands release clause

Seriously though I think there is a fair chance that a team will sign both and have their attack sorted for the next decade

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Kabak
    Bissouma
    Raphinha

Im not convinced Raphinha is good enough for us.

He would cost around £40m and his stats arent great there is better value out there.

Bissouma is decent what ive seen but he will be gone 4-6 weeks for the African Nations.

Kabak I already like the look of and at £18m id do the deal.