Page 362 of 659 FirstFirst ... 262312352355356357358359360361362363364365366367368369372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think it will be something like -

Kabak
    Bissouma
    Raphinha

+ some sales. Perhaps another player coming in depending on said sales.

That way you provide additions in each "third" of the pitch whilst bringing the average age of the squad down. I wouldn't be deliriously happy if it pans out this way, but I wouldn't be gutted either.

Key thing is to have the depth in key positions, particularly centre-back. A "marquee" signing would be great, though wouldn't want a "name" for the sake of it.
    If it were that or similar it would be seriously underwhelming to the point of neglect by the owners. Absolutely no way at all that gives us a chance of regaining the title.
    I'll be absolutely distraught if our signings are of that level and will put the tin hat on FSG for sure.

I don't want Henderson to be injured for long. But if hes going to be..lets hope he misses the euros.. fuck Southgate. we wont win it anyway..England are SHIT and will be proven that way again soon
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If it were that or similar it would be seriously underwhelming to the point of neglect by the owners. Absolutely no way at all that gives us a chance of regaining the title.
    I'll be absolutely distraught if our signings are of that level and will put the tin hat on FSG for sure.
    It would be underwhelming, though I personally wouldn't go as far as distraught.

I know finances are boring as discussing them feels a bit like popping the romantic Footballing balloon (same way the "magic" of the FA Cup is now overshadowed by the need for Champion's League football) but if that fella Swiss Ramble's figures are right, then over the past 3 years wages rose 87%, outpacing the growth of the club's revenue, which rose by 79% - and it does make sense (especially given the Pandemic) to get those figures a little closer to each other.

Hopefully a combo of good sales and smart purchases can improve the squad as we all want to enjoy the Football. Our injury crisis this year is probably one of the worst to happen to any club in a long time and you'd certainly fancy us to fare considerably better with a stable centre-back pairing, more availability of Jota and having fans in the stadium.

Fingers tightly crossed that we can finish this season strongly and can either nick 4th in the last days or win Big Ears again.

Yep - let’s hope and pray for the economics to fall into place - might buy a lottery ticket this weekend too.

Looking at that Coutinho sale - who said lightening doesn’t strike twice?

And despite so many being unable to see it - our injury crises is directly linked to a lack of investment at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I don't want Henderson to be injured for long. But if hes going to be..lets hope he misses the euros.. fuck Southgate. we wont win it anyway..England are SHIT and will be proven that way again soon
    We can lay it out that vvd/gomez shouldn't be picked for euros even IF either featured again in PL or CL. Gomez wont be rushed back anyway (and southgate wont name him) but we could do with vvd if we get past RM. Juergen's trying to make the point that even if vvd was to.play again this season the dutch shouldnt pick him. Not sure the dutch manager will agree totally.

Is Henderson england captain? I'd say he will be picked for euros unless he's def out for deason and the england doc agrees he's not fit for it. Agaim we need him for the PL/CL run-in so if he's fit for us then we'll have to let him play for england.
    Personalli i'd love to see vvd in the euros as long as he's played for us first as it will.help his pre-season prep too.

Everton are moving to Bramley-Moore Dock site.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Everton are moving to Bramley-Moore Dock site.
    Yep got their approval the other day. Good move for them

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    We can lay it out that vvd/gomez shouldn't be picked for euros even IF either featured again in PL or CL. Gomez wont be rushed back anyway (and southgate wont name him) but we could do with vvd if we get past RM. Juergen's trying to make the point that even if vvd was to.play again this season the dutch shouldnt pick him. Not sure the dutch manager will agree totally.

Is Henderson england captain? I'd say he will be picked for euros unless he's def out for deason and the england doc agrees he's not fit for it. Agaim we need him for the PL/CL run-in so if he's fit for us then we'll have to let him play for england.
    Personalli i'd love to see vvd in the euros as long as he's played for us first as it will.help his pre-season prep too.
    Kane is England captain so Hendo doesnt have that pressure.

If we lose to Madrid then we can pretty much dictate what happens with our players.

We would have no need to play VVD/Henderson get them fit for next season and Gomez is not playing this season im certain of that.

If VVD steps onto the pitch for us then 100% Holland pick him.

Im getting annoyed with Salah getting linked with the Olympics I mean its as if taking him for the African Nations isnt enough and also does anybody ever talk or remember Olympics footy ?!

I doubt the African nations will go ahead again..i cant see Africa being vaccinated by the winter..I dont see how european clubs will allow their players to go to Africa and maybe bring back another strain of the virus. And i doubt countries will allow travel to Africa. but i could be wrong. I hope it doesnt go ahead personally
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The Athletic seem to think we're in advanced talks with Konate / RB Leipzig.