Page 373 of 659 FirstFirst ... 273323363366367368369370371372373374375376377378379380383423473 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Honestly, how hard would it be for a average manager to manage a club with unlimited wealth like Man City ?

The aspect I find as distasteful as the spending itself is the way the fawn all over them, constantly bugging them up and saying how great they are but never and I mean NEVER mentioning the £1b spend.
    When they get it wrong they just go out and buy another £50m til they get it right.
    If they get it right they just add to their already massive squad.
    As good as Pep is, I would like to see him with the 14th biggest net spend and see how he goes then. The constant ignoring of their ridiculous spending is positively nauseating

I know the media won't admit it but it makes the achievements Jurgen has made at Liverpool even more remarkable.
    This season more than ever I'd love the football gods too look down on us favourably for the champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    This season more than ever I'd love the football gods too look down on us favourably for the champions league.
    Would be an achievement that our fanbase would be ludicrously proud of (given how the season has panned out) and admittedly the salt in the wounds of rival fans would be a very small sweetener to top off the cake, not that we (really) care about what anyone else thinks.

7 times would put us miles ahead of others in England (even moreso than 6) and get us level with Milan, plus one baby step closer to the seemingly unreachable Real Madrid tally. Not to mention what it does for us in terms of next season (if we don't qualify via the Top 4 route) and maintaining how attractive a destination we are. Would be utterly brilliant. Real Madrid aren't to be taken lightly and the lack of fans takes away our killer blow but keep the Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Apparently Guardiola has spent around €950m during his time at Man City, but according to him they are too poor to buy a replacement for Aguero.

How he can keep a straight face when he comes out with such statements is anyone's guess.
    They’re probably under fairly sever scrutiny at this stage though. They’ve never spent more than 65m on a player I think?

Honestly, how hard would it be for a average manager to manage a club with unlimited wealth like Man City ?
    Yes

Actually, most people do well on Football Manager game.
    Baldy has just morphed the game.

Follow all the latest news and rumours as Erling Haaland's agent gets set to fly to England for transfer talks with Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool.

If you wanted to read somit rather amusing this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Follow all the latest news and rumours as Erling Haaland's agent gets set to fly to England for transfer talks with Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool.

If you wanted to read somit rather amusing this morning
    Obviously you can't receive brown envelopes through zoom calls.

Obviously you can't receive brown envelopes through zoom calls.
    I think Bruce will be getting his if he loses to Spurs
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.