Page 385 of 659 FirstFirst ... 285335375378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Wages have to be the biggest issue now facing clubs and you do wonder where it will end, it cant keep climbing like this. It is simply jot sustainable alongside being purely obscene in every sense.
    Well, yes.

I know it's not unique to us, but as you say, it isn't sustainable. Our owners, love 'em, hate 'em or feel lukewarm to 'em, will always aim to make the club quite self-sufficient.

It's not without flaws of course.

I know we dont normally do business with the BITTERS. but i rate calvert lewyn. Looks a decent forward to me and wouldnt cost 150 million like Haaland.. i'm in slight jest here.. but i do think hes a decent striker and will score plenty of goals for a better team
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well, yes.

It's not without flaws of course.
    It’s full of them.

Self sufficient is being wrongly used here. Used here supposedly in a positive light - but - on reflection it simply means that no direct investment is required. So as revenues increase and the asset assumes more and more value on the back of a huge fan base the owners are effectively in the real estate business just waiting for the right time to sell. Extending the number of bedrooms here - doing up the kitchen there... Priming the asset. This is what this bunch are - speculators - pond life.

Anyone who is trying to paint this as benign when it is anything but - is being totally disingenuous.

End of rant
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th April 2021 at 09:08 AM.

So Haaland to City, Kane to Utd and M’bappe to Real.

Who’d next in the CF pecking order that we can go for?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Who’d next in the CF pecking order that we can go for?
    Well Patson Daka looks an option worth weighing up.

Raphinha too.

Plenty of forwards around, will be intriguing to see what we go for, though you'd imagine we'll want the 21-24 age profile really with a view to thinking about the future.

Will be interesting to see who goes for the likes of Aguero or Suarez. Won't be us, needless to say.

A so called 'expert' was talking about Daka the other day. They said that they think it's a bit to early for Daka to make the move to a big club.

I do believe the club could spend more, having called for Mbappe, Bruno and a centre back (giving up on deligt due to his ridiculous wage bill).

They've net spent more prior to Klopp than since Klopp arrived. But my impression of Klopp is that hes part of that fact. Being a German and their attitudes towards debt and fiscal prudence.

The owners have won a first pl title, been in 3 title races since their arrival.
    Won 1 CL title, being in 2 finals and a sid cup final.
    Built a new stand, setting the tone for future development.

Good owners up against a scenario where FFP has utterly failed abetted by the awful body that is the CAS. Which has helped wages inflate more than transfers to a ridiculous point.

I'll defend Klopp, our lads and the owners for the jobs they've done hitherto.

I'd rather be a fsg shill than a G&H shill

I do not believe for a second that any top level manager who is managing one of the world's biggest clubs would turn down the opportunity to add to their team/squad unless both of those things were absolutely perfect. This would be magnified if at any point there were serious issues with either the team and/or squad, especially if they were caused by things such as injuries.

Nobody can tell me that Klopp has thought "Yep we've lost lots of key players, including our top three/first choice defenders, including the world's best defender, but you know what, I'm quite happy to make do with a cheap, young/inexperienced defender from the Championship, and a young/inconsistent player on loan who from a side that is about to be relegated".

The manager/team have won us a league and CL title despite FSG, not because of them. Our owners have loaned money to spend on fixed assets which will increase their value and ultimately the profit that FSG make, with those loans and interest payments coming from/going to a subsidiary of FSG, a fact that most people are not aware of.

Until FSG start treating 'us' in a way that the most successful club in England/Britain (taking the level of trophies won into account), and the fifth richest club in the world deserves, they will get little to no credit for our success from me, and most of those whose view of the wood isn't obstructed by trees.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'd rather be a fsg shill than a G&H shill
    At least you admit your shill-yness..

FYI those toe rags Hicks and Gillett could claim that in just 3 seasons they presided over a Champions league Final and a title race - missing out by only a few points to arguably Ferguson’s strongest side ever.

That great side from 2009 had a first 11 to rival any - but it was Rafa that built it - just as the team we have now was built by Klopp - no need for you to keep trying the charm offensive on behalf of your long lost Uncle John.