Page 388 of 659 FirstFirst ... 288338378381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395398438488 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

I'd love a player like Nkunku at the club.

We need several players in the summer an out and out forward and an out an out winger... Another attacking midfielder.. Oxlade doesnt seem to be able to get into the 11 anymore.. Fuck knows what happened to Curtis Jones. the treatment oh him has been diabolical. Klopp has always got to stick to his favourites. I would have taken off Firmino at half time for Shaqiri. Done something different.. it was sooo predictable.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Curtis Jones is out injured at the minute.

I think it was telling bringing 5 subs on and Keita was left on the bench too.

Very unlikely to happen but I think we could do with 2 new forward /attacking options. The goals have dried up this season. Plenty of reasons or excuses as to why but at the end of the day its what has cost us the most - not the defence ( in terms of goals scored vs goals against).

I'm doubtful we will go for the out and out striking option some of us want to see unless we change how things are set up and 2 of the current front 3 make way. Very unlikely.
    New CB, new midfielder, and 2 attack options all needing to be good quality. Its a big ask to get them right let alone the owners allowing the purchase of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Curtis Jones is out injured at the minute.

I think it was telling bringing 5 subs on and Keita was left on the bench too.
    Good. I hope he doesnt play again. Without question one of the biggest wastes in the clubs history. Up there with Carrol.

Its sickening to know that Klopp has been able to spent nigh on nothing since we signed Allison.. We got Jota but we have recouped that in transfer sales.. We have won the league,two champions league finals winning 1 and also the club world cup..
    We should be rolling in money Not to mention we are the 5th/6th richest club on earth. solution? go out and buy the best players.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its sickening to know that Klopp has been able to spent nigh on nothing since we signed Allison.. We got Jota but we have recouped that in transfer sales.. We have won the league,two champions league finals winning 1 and also the club world cup..
    We should be rolling in money Not to mention we are the 5th/6th richest club on earth. solution? go out and buy the best players.
    I guess we'll find out in the summer if these owners mean business or not. We've visibly fallen behind due to their frugality, its not just the team that needs to "go again" next season its the owners too.
    The strange thing is that we seemed to spend more before Klopp arrived. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe that is also to do with Klopp but I can't imagine a manager turning down the chance to have more or a better standard of player.
    He was obviously not too happy at not being able to sign the CB of his choice in January and its also obvious that the choices are not solely down to him when looking at the Davies signing.

Yep, time will tell if we mean business.. just get the feeling we will end up with cheapo players.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yep, time will tell if we mean business.. just get the feeling we will end up with cheapo players.
    There's a feeling of repeating rafas time here. In that we had a chance with investment to push on under rafa. 2 CL finals, runners up in league moving forward (apart fro alonso leaving) and then the owner went to pot and investment was pulled. Everything went downhill.
    We need to invest this summer. If we don't, we will be looking at being also rans again.

I think we will sign 3-4 players who will challenge the first team.

In my head they will be 25 or under as well to get youth in the squad.

There is talent out there always has been its finding the right fit for how we play or want to play thats is the tricky part but that is what we employ scouts for.