Page 390 of 659 FirstFirst ... 290340380383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Lots of pundits from rival teams ALWAYS say we should sell our best players to refresh the squad.

I don’t think we will do that unless the offer is ridiculous this is not the Rodgers era, Klopp has only lost one major player and we got £140m for him.

Don’t worry what d*ckheads on the radio/tv say we will sign good players this summer you see.

Like one poster just said we can make £50-60m selling squad or players on loan.
    Many of us (myself included) don't have the same level of faith that you do when it comes to us getting what we need in the summer. There is no guarantee that we'll be able to shift many/any of the players we have on our books that are surplus to requirements, nor that we'll get in a decent amount for any of them, but there are definite question marks over how much, if any of the money that is brought in will be put towards transfers.

One player I’m looking forward to seeing in a Red Shirt is Harvey Elliot. Stats say loaned players don’t have a chance on their return. Lad is young, and might be loaned out again, but Sterling was bombing down the wings at his age. Will give the front three a run for their money

Agree Doc. I'm looking forward to that too. He will surely be part of things and his loan will hopefully have done him the world of good.

I think Konate is nailed on, there's been too much talk for there to be nothing in that.
    I can see us going for someone like Depay or possibly going back for Sarr. Hopefully alongside a really good forward/striker but Id doubt both will be brought in.
    We need a midfielder to replace Gini but we also need another one but very much doubt we'll get 2.
    I think 3 positions filled out of 4 required.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Many of us (myself included) don't have the same level of faith that you do when it comes to us getting what we need in the summer. There is no guarantee that we'll be able to shift many/any of the players we have on our books that are surplus to requirements, nor that we'll get in a decent amount for any of them, but there are definite question marks over how much, if any of the money that is brought in will be put towards transfers.
    You might be right but it’s pure guesswork from me.

It will be hard to sell players for silly prices but if we are realistic we can sell players for nominal fees.

Awoniyi, Wilson and Grujic are on loan we could get £25m for them as a starting point.

Then you can throw in the likes of Shaqiri Origi Minamino Keita Ox we obviously not sell all of them but maybe two might go.

Karius and Adrian could go on frees which releases wages I guess.

Ox keeps getting mentioned is a possible transfer out. Unless a couple of foreign players are going out to be replace by a couple of English players, it can’t and won’t happen

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Ox keeps getting mentioned is a possible transfer out. Unless a couple of foreign players are going out to be replace by a couple of English players, it can’t and won’t happen
    Yep I’d agree Ox being British strongly helps him plus he can play CM, Wide Forward or at a push RB.

Depends if he wants to leave for regular football or if someone offers us a decent fee whatever would tempt us to sell £20-30m ?

I like the Ox but as harsh as it is he is never fit.

He did really well recently when he came on to replace Bobby. Would like to see him repeat that role, maybe in a domestic cup game to see if he could carry it off.

RB Leipzig's France Under-21 centre-back Ibrahima Konate, 21, says he has not heard from Liverpool despite being repeatedly linked with the Premier League champions. (Bild - in German)

Liverpool are holding firm in contract talks with 30-year-old Georginio Wijnaldum, meaning the Netherlands midfielder could leave at the end of the season. (Liverpool Echo)