Page 398 of 659 FirstFirst ... 298348388391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    The only excuse I can think of is that he is knackered both mentally and physically. He's had a poor season but he has been such a great player for the club that I'm not writing him off just yet. Give him 6 weeks off over the summer and see if we get the old Mane back. Having said that, if someone made a serious offer for him this summer it should be considered
    I think its a hard question to answer as for 4 years he has been excellent.

He had his pace at start of the season and even when he came back after covid he was on fire for 3-4 games.....he then seemed to hit a wall and yesterday was as bad as ive seen him.

Id be giving him the last 3 games off and give him a longer break something just isnt right with him.

If a decent off came in id be tempted to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think its a hard question to answer as for 4 years he has been excellent.

He had his pace at start of the season and even when he came back after covid he was on fire for 3-4 games.....he then seemed to hit a wall and yesterday was as bad as ive seen him.

Id be giving him the last 3 games off and give him a longer break something just isnt right with him.

If a decent off came in id be tempted to be honest.
    All fair points. Hes been great but the top and bottom of it is he looks like ges thrown the towel in. Theres no room for sentiment, too many players have been shown it and its cost us.
    Yesterday he was terrible.

one thing is for sure, if Shaqiri origi etc aren't getting a chance now, they're off in the summer that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    one thing is for sure, if Shaqiri origi etc aren't getting a chance now, they're off in the summer that's for sure
    Yeah I think we need to be moving them two and Keita.

I know Matip but I dont think we will sell him.

Ox is lucky his passport says British as that is why I think he will stay but we cant get rid of everyone !

Origi Shaqiri Keita Wilson Grujic plus the lad at Berlin got to be £50m there for 6 players.

I keep seeing people say we need a "Jota type" signing no we dont we need a number 9 or proper striker as that is what we dont have.

maybe we can do a deal with Leipzig and part exchange Keita for Konate. Send back Keita to his old club.best all around.
    I dont rate Thiago either. Over all he will prove to be to light weight
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We definitely don't need another Jota. One is enough for now.
    Never realised much until 19 and Miller made the point but he has nothing else to his game. His purple patch with goals covered it up.

Would have been a fine signing in the summer 2019. Would have relieved the front line big time last season. Bet Bobby and Mané would both have benefitted and scored more. Probably would have saved them from this collective dip this season too.

Harsh to judge him now while they are almost all miles off it

We need 4 players maybe 5 depending what we do with Adrian/Kelleher.

Two CBs I think we will sign Kabak and another Konate.

A midfielder has to come in as Gini will go.

A striker.

Gomez can cover Trent at RB.

In terms of incoming signings:

An out and out goalscoring striker is the most important.

A big commanding centre back is also very important. Looks like Konate is the man for Klopp.

A wide forward, midfielder and backup gk would be good but not as essential as the above two. Even with Wijnaldum looking set to leave we still have 7 midfielders (8 including Grujic). I'm warming to Kabak but unless Matip leaves I don't think we need a 6th CB. I could live with Kelleher being number 2 if need be

We sure could use some Wood.. He’s from down under too.

Just scored a hat trick at Wolves . 0:3 Burnley.

Sign him up..