Page 404 of 659 FirstFirst ... 304354394397398399400401402403404405406407408409410411414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Sources close to Brighton have told us Yves Bissouma and his advisers are aware of Liverpool's interest in signing the 24-year-old Mali international, with a £35million deal believed to be under discussion. [@RealKevinPalmer]
    He's a bit raw but he's got something about him. He reminds a bit of a leaner Momo Sissoko.

Sources close to Brighton have told us Yves Bissouma and his advisers are aware of Liverpool's interest in signing the 24-year-old Mali international, with a £35million deal believed to be under discussion. [@RealKevinPalmer]
    Fab's replacement?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Iheanacho is a good shout for a Firmino replacement

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Iheanacho is a good shout for a Firmino replacement
    For an Origi replacement, I like him, seen a few of their games of late, like his link play and he scores goals, some very good goal out of nothing too and boy could we do with a No9 who picks the ball up in and around a packed area with seemingly nothing on and conjured a goal out of nothing, not as quick as our inside forwards, but a bit quicker than Bobby, he'd cost too much though
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fab's replacement?
    Bissouma reminds me more of Gini

He hasn’t looked anything special to me. Bit lacking in touch and technique

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fab's replacement?
    I wouldn't have Fabinho leaving, personally.

Wijnaldum out, Bissouma in.

In a perfect World the other ones I would be looking at coming in are Neuhaus to link the midfield and attack (would replace any two of Keita/Ox/Shaw) and Alexander Isak as a forward/wide option.

Konate, Bissouma, Neuhaus and Isak would inject a lot of energy into the side and bring the average age down a fair bit. We'll very unlikely to go for all of them of course (particularly at once) but I think all of them are at that sort of stage of their careers where they are potentially about to become seriously excellent players, but haven't yet shown enough for long enough to command the mega-mega money.

Think of Salah and Mane - Mane may be showing poor form recently and Covid has totally changed the market, but there was a time not very long ago where a buyer could have been expected to pay anywhere from £80m-£150m each to acquire them from us, whereas we got them for much less and put them in a side/system where they could reach that next level on our watch.

Reports that we are talking to Depay.
    Iheanacho would cost a fortune now and whilst in very good form could revert to previous form. Would be a gamble that I'd think. He does look good though, just needs to do it over a longer period.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Reports that we are talking to Depay.
    A very different player than the one that went to United.

He wouldn't be a revelation the way Suarez or Salah were, but I would be very content with him joining us for the right price.

A very different player than the one that went to United.

He wouldn't be a revelation the way Suarez or Salah were, but I would be very content with him joining us for the right price.
    Yeah I think he'd be a decent signing. I think we'd get more out of him than say Shaq or Origi as an attacking option.