Page 411 of 659 FirstFirst ... 311361401404405406407408409410411412413414415416417418421461511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Neither is Thiago who I feel has upset the midfield as he doesn't press hard enough nor does he have the engine of a typical Klopp midfielder
    Sounds like you are suggesting that we have just had a workmanlike midfield - which is correct - but this isn’t Aussie Rules mate ( joke ) we need to improve our play in the middle. Cant play at that tempo all the time - players will crash... as witnessed.

Will Konate be another case of a Red Bull taking a monumental dump on the Liver Bird?

Saka would be a great buy. He looks like he's going to be a really good player. I don't see Arsenal selling him though.

Yep he’ll stay unless there is a ludicrous offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Will Konate be another case of a Red Bull taking a monumental dump on the Liver Bird?
    Hopefully not but his fitness record coupled with our ridiculous injury rate is definitely a concern.
    Hes highly rated but its a massive gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not Klopp’s kind of player.
    He's exactly Klopp's kind of player, he's the player he's tried to sign and been unsuccessful in getting the right one in Shaqiri, Oxlade, Keita and then Minamino, he is essentially a far FAR superior version of all of them and has many great skills and attributes that those players only have one of each

Brave on the ball, incredibly brave, what I like about his show reels is it shows the times he tried the right ball and it didn't quite come off too not through a bad ball, but through great defending or the ball getting there and the forwards finishing poorly and he plays the ball early, when it's on and unlike all our other mids, except Hendo, who admittedly only has that first time cross to the far post in similar advanced RCM positions or the occasional/rare ball through the channel or to release Trent wide, has the ability to play those balls and a great variety of them

Box to box midfielder, has incredible work ethic, drive, combative and stamina

Continually works incredibly hard to keep improving - I've read 2 or 3 reports of him from his coaches, who all say this is one of his greatest of all his many strengths, a trait very prominent in Captain fantastic Hendo and several other of our players

A leader - Currently his current club's captain
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th May 2021 at 04:31 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's exactly Klopp's kind of player, he's the player he's tried to sign and been unsuccessful in getting the right one in Shaqiri, Oxlade, Keita and then Minamino, he is essentially a far FAR superior version of all of them and has many great attributes that those players only have one of each

Brave on the ball, incredibly brave, what I like about his show reels is it shows the times he tried the right ball and it didn't quite come off too not through a bad ball, but through great defending or the ball getting there and the forwards finishing poorly

Box to box midfielder, has incredible work ethic, drive, combative and stamina

Continually works incredibly hard to keep improving - I've read 2 or 3 reports of him from his coaches, who all say this is one of his greatest of all his many strengths, a trait very prominent in Captain fantastic Hendo and several other of our players

A leader - Currently his current club's captain
    Let's be honest, it wouldn't be hard to be superior over any of that gang of shite. That quartet are possibly LFCs biggest waste of money ever.

I think with Leeds chasing De Paul last summer im going to say he will have good work rate as if he hasnt he wouldnt be much use to them.

Bielsa being a fellow Argentine will know about how.

Got to say never seen him play so have no opinion on if he is good enough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Let's be honest, it wouldn't be hard to be superior over any of that gang of shite. That quartet are possibly LFCs biggest waste of money ever.
    He's a better dribbler and more powerful and aggressive than Kieta

he's a better finisher from just outside the box or arriving in the box than any midfielder we have

He's better at those short balls through the channels than Keita or Shaqiri

He's better than Ox at getting past a player and getting half a yard and shooting accurately from range and slipping a cute short through ball into one of the forwards at the last second when in those positions

He is a far better passer of balls through the lines and through balls from all kinds of distance than any of our current midfielders

He is a better crosser than any of our current midfielders

Ultimately, he could absolutely be the player to help take things to the next level and give us so many of the things we've been missing from midfield and bemoaned being missing for 3 going on 4 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think with Leeds chasing De Paul last summer im going to say he will have good work rate as if he hasnt he wouldnt be much use to them.

Bielsa being a fellow Argentine will know about how.

Got to say never seen him play so have no opinion on if he is good enough for us.
    Well, he's a lot better at a great many things than all our current midfielders and far superior to all his type of player Klopp has recruited, Shaqiri, Oxlade, Minamino, Keita

Shaqiri, is rubbish in the press, puts in a great telling cross very VERY rarely, the main deployment of Shaqiri is for him to stay advanced and try to slip a ball through the channel or through the eye of a needle late on in games, Shaq is successful at doing this very VERY rarely also, De Paul does it in his sleep

Oxlade, his main use is to try and pick the ball up in midfield, drive forward past a player and look to shoot from long range, he's only done it twice in all the time he's been here that I can remember, against City in the Champions League and against Southampton (I think) last season, again De Paul does this successful, with greater ease quality and accuracy all the time

Minamino - Not sure what he brings, thought we'd bought him as a lesser option for LFWD and RFWD but Jurgen used him as a No9 to little or no effect

Keita - His deployment is supposed to be as a creative midfielder who can also play his part in the press, he's supposed to bring drive, be able to dribble past players before playing short through balls to play others in or score from shots just inside or outside the box, De Paul is just a fuck site better at actually doing the things Keita very rarely has, plus all of the above too

Out of all of those players, not a single one of them is any good at through balls and early balls from any kind of distance to assist directly, let alone all kinds of distance with any consistency, what's their point for the roles they were signed for if they only produce something in one or two games a season, if that?

NONE of those midfielder can cross a fucking football either, we only have Hendo who can cross the ball, De Paul if a proven high quality set piece taker, which we have been sorely lacking AND he is a simply brilliant crosser of a football

All in all, he can do every thing all of those players can each only do one of to a higher level of competency and consistency and can do things none of them can do as well, it's a no brainer for me