Page 412 of 659 FirstFirst ... 312362402405406407408409410411412413414415416417418419422462512 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

This is the lad, he has continued to add goals and assists since this was posted 2 months ago. De Paul has 21 shots on target from a total of 56 shots and has scored 9 goals (5.85 xG). Rodrigo de Paul averages 51 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 80%, and has 8 assists

Just take a good honest look, look at the similarity of the positions he finds himself in and the positions of the other players and ask yourself whether or not he has A LOT of skills and attributes we've bemoaned our midfielders lacking in those same positions for the past 3 seasons going on 4
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th May 2021 at 05:12 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

This is a longer one of more of his exploits this season, also from 2 months ago

Many of the crosses and through balls are sensational and exactly what we lack from our midfielders in those positions, you could make a combined highlights reel of Shaqiri, Keita, Oxlade and Minamino for their entire times at the club and it still wouldn't have as much as all the things in this we have been so desperately lacking for way too long
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th May 2021 at 05:35 PM.

Looks decent 19.

But this is what next level football looks like. I know I know - you need 4 or 5 world class players in the middle to chose from for this... BUT I can dream can't I?

It's the finesse of the short pass - not the long ball ( risky and high percentage failure ) that is the most difficult. Ze Germans and the English never quite got that.
    Last edited by Steveo; 11th May 2021 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's a better dribbler and more powerful and aggressive than Kieta

he's a better finisher from just outside the box or arriving in the box than any midfielder we have

He's better at those short balls through the channels than Keita or Shaqiri

He's better than Ox at getting past a player and getting half a yard and shooting accurately from range and slipping a cute short through ball into one of the forwards at the last second when in those positions

He is a far better passer of balls through the lines and through balls from all kinds of distance than any of our current midfielders

He is a better crosser than any of our current midfielders

Ultimately, he could absolutely be the player to help take things to the next level and give us so many of the things we've been missing from midfield and bemoaned being missing for 3 going on 4 seasons
    Didnt you say you hadn't seen anything of him?
    You seem to know an awful lot if you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Didnt you say you hadn't seen anything of him?
    You seem to know an awful lot if you haven't.
    You only have to look at his reels from this season, you can see it all in abundance and his reels I posted are from this season, whereas most players they post these reels of bigging up are from their best bits over a few seasons and don't have the same quality of content even then

Great crosser, great dribbler, great at assists, great finisher, what I really really like is how early he spots what's on and plays the ball and puts it exactly where it needs to be, making the right decision so consistently, he's the player Keita, Ox, Shaqiri and Minamino were supposed to be and more

That crossing, from RCM, that'd be enough on it's own for me to think that alone would make a huge difference, that'd be fucking priceless in our team, we could have Trent like delivery from our right hand side without giving the opposition any opportunities to try and counter in behind him if we want, except for, this lads delivery from deeper wide right or inside right positions is a lot better than Trent's, it's one of the things I've long cited Trent needs to improve on, because he gets the ball in positions to do what this lad does a lot in games and fails to do it

I meant he’s not a Klopp player because he creates and scores goals from midfield.

None of Klopp’s midfielders do that.
    Missed the boat with Fernandes.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I meant he’s not a Klopp player because he creates and scores goals from midfield.

None of Klopp’s midfielders do that.
    Missed the boat with Fernandes.
    I think this lad actually has more of what we need and are missing given his favoured position is RCM and what he delivers from there and that is our midfield slot we usually employ the more attacking midfielder, even though as we are all aware I touted Fernandes for quite some time before the Mancs and others were linked to him

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Looks decent 19.

But this is what next level football looks like. I know I know - you need 4 or 5 world class players in the middle to chose from for this... BUT I can dream can't I?

It's the finesse of the short pass - not the long ball ( risky and high percentage failure ) that is the most difficult. Ze Germans and the English never quite got that.
    Kind of missed the point on this lad, he does play the short to medium killer balls for assists AND is also a fantastic crosser of the ball, there are 3 or 4 examples in his exploits this season of doing what Thiago is renouned for, playing a pass that takes 3 or 4 players out of the game only his aren't to find a player who then has to assist, they're direct assists with 5-15 yard short passes

Better get our skates on, Atletico are prowling

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/05/11/atletico-madrid-up-pace-in-chase-for-liverpool-and-leeds-target-rodrigo-de-paul/507078/

Says a lot about a players resilience, combative and hard working nature for both Simeone and Bielsa to be in for them

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Says a lot about a players resilience, combative and hard working nature for both Simeone and Bielsa to be in for them
    There was a bit of chatter in January about him being manager of a different club next season - Simeone I mean. Will be interesting to see if that's true.

Inter could be a decent destination for him if Conte goes. Can imagine Conte possibly getting the job at Real Madrid if Zidane leaves and Juventus could likely seek out Zidane. Could be some interesting moves this Summer as some Clubs try to clean House after the worst of the Pandemic situation.