Page 414 of 659 FirstFirst ... 314364404407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Where have you read about us being in talks with De Paul?
    It was on a European site where they collate stories from numerous newspapers across Europe and there have apparently been stories a plenty Europe wide about it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Let's hope we start next season lining up like this

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

De Paul Henderson Bissouma

Salah Malen Mane

Absolutely mouth watering

We'll be setting out with Harvey Elliott in our squad for most games too, and what a season of development he's had in the Championship, which is what Jones needs next season

Malen, Isak, Elliott, Sancho would hypothetically be some collection of 4 of the 6 needed for the front three plus back-ups.

Won't happen of course but I always like the "what if" scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Malen, Isak, Elliott, Sancho would hypothetically be some collection of 4 of the 6 needed for the front three plus back-ups.

Won't happen of course but I always like the "what if" scenarios.
    I'll settle for just Malen for the forward line

We really need the 2 CMs one to replace Gini and one to replace the plethora of sick notes and under performers bought for our more attacking RCM position who have comprehensively failed to deliver anything of note with any consistency (Shaq, Ox, Keita, Minamino) De Paul's highlights of this season alone has far more quality and creativity and brilliance than you'd get by putting all that lots combined best bits over the last four seasons into one

Jurgen Klopp insists there will be no mega-money transfers for Liverpool this summer and doubts whether the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Erling Haaland and Jadon Sancho will be on the move.
    He believes having all three senior centre-backs – Virgil Van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip – and captain Jordan Henderson ready for pre-season after long-term injuries will be like having new signings.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got this form the online daily mail

that doesn't look promising.. more bargain basement signings for us?.. And expecting Matip to be fit is like expecting the sun not to rise tomorrow. Seems we are happy now we have won the league to accept second best
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yep does sound like there is a lowering of expectations being presented despite a lame season.

Wouldn’t want Klopp to come out and say much different though.

Imagine if he said... We are a
    Overhauling this squad. This lot are done and we are going to spend a shed load of cash this summer. Wouldn’t be the smartest of moves for multiple reasons.

Definitely. Already alluding to Utd,Chelsea and City spending big. And then we won't be.
    We had our moment and its now passed. We are now in my book back to being them team who'll be trying to make the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Jurgen Klopp insists there will be no mega-money transfers for Liverpool this summer and doubts whether the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Erling Haaland and Jadon Sancho will be on the move.
    He believes having all three senior centre-backs – Virgil Van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip – and captain Jordan Henderson ready for pre-season after long-term injuries will be like having new signings.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got this form the online daily mail

that doesn't look promising.. more bargain basement signings for us?.. And expecting Matip to be fit is like expecting the sun not to rise tomorrow. Seems we are happy now we have won the league to accept second best
    We don't need mega money transfers just a freshening up of the squad with 3-4 smart acquisitions

Will see what happens. Think it will be quite an unusual market for the 99% of football sides out there, more loans with commitments to buy, loans with options to buy, youth players promoted, star players of clubs going for less than their value etc.

So many Clubs out there will have difficulties clawing back money. Observing who the winners and losers are will be interesting.