Page 417 of 659 FirstFirst ... 317367407410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Let's see where we're at when it comes. I don't think we will be spending too much after the financial hit from the Pandemic personally, something like £40m-£60m plus whatever we get from sales if I were to guesstimate and we won't have made the sales in advance of the start of the window.

Hopefully we attain Champion's League football for next season and thus can spend a little more. Can foresee Edwards trying to negotiate a few more Jota-esque deals, ie only parting with a small amount of cash (relatively speaking) to the selling club, with larger instalments to come in future windows.
    I agree - relatively quiet window, releasing more players than buying. Keita, Origi, Shaq, Davies, Grujić. Losing Salah might mean a Sancho but not a Mbappe. Minamoto, Elliott and Curtis to be given more run-outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Let's see where we're at when it comes. I don't think we will be spending too much after the financial hit from the Pandemic personally, something like £40m-£60m plus whatever we get from sales
    De Paul 35m Bisssouma 40m Konate 30m Malen 25m - 130m

Grujic, Wilson, Keita, Shaqiri, Oxlade, Minamino, Origi, Davies plus one or two others makes everything add up and probably puts us nearer a 40m net spend AND Gini going on a free with his value at 35m ish is offest against FFP, plus there's a significant allowance in it from UEFA because of Covid I read about briefly

Not at all arsed about marquee signings, only see that happening if one of Salah or Mane were to leave

We absolutely do need another commanding CB - Konate

We absolutely do need to replace Gini with a similar player with great strength, reading of the game, ability to drive the ball forward and operate under pressure in very tight areas and that's - Bissouma except for his passing and likelyhood to rip the back of the net out from outside the area is better, so an upgrade on Gini

We absolutely need that more attacking midfielder for RCM as all the players we have signed for that role have failed miserably, a player with great passing, crossing, dribbling and ability to assist and score goals, WITH the drives and relentless work ethic we demand from all our players - That is absolutely Rodrigo De Paul who will also give us absolutely brilliant options as he can play LCM and attacking CM and certainly has the ability to be used at RFWD when we're looking to see games out.

We absolutely need another FWD a No9 to replace Origi, and Jurgen himself said we need to sign the next MBappe or Haaland rather than look to marquee signings and Marlen or Lautaro Martinez look to fit the bill, my preference would be Marlen as he looks a hybrid between a No9 and false 9 so would slot in very nicely and looks well capable of being used in any of our 3 forward positions

I think adding another top class commanding CB and the 2 midfielders are our absolute top priorities, we need that creative dribbler at RCM, we absolutely desperately need that player, it will make a chasm of difference against all sides and especially park the bus sides having that player who can break lines and dribble and run past players with power, pace and agility and has the vision and ability to create from there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Absolutely exactly what we need in a new commanding CB

Great one v one
    Great anticipation and reading of the game in all kinds of situations
    Great in the air in both boxes
    Great at stepping forward into midfield to dispossess forwards trying to play off our 2 CBs
    Great at stepping into midfield and driving forward with the ball
    Great at the long range passing we've missed so desperately from Virgil and Matip this season and not just long diagonals, plays some quality switches also

Am I imaging things or was he awful against us in the champions league ?

Upamecano was awful I’m not sure Konate played

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Aye, It could've been him. All I can remember was their centrehalves were bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He didn't play, it was always weird with Konate, I watched him for two seasons as a result of watching Werner and he was by a country mile their stand out defender, yet everyone was raving about Upamecano and yes, it was Upamecano we targeted highly successfully against Leipzig to nick the ball when he was trying to play out

If we sell Ben Davies. I really feel sorry for the lad.. Whats the point in even buying him to begin with? sounds like he was given false information on how he may get into the the 11 or the squad.Thats if hes sold.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If we let Salah go then we are insane. hes the only forward right now you can guarantee will score goals.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If we let Salah go then we are insane. hes the only forward right now you can guarantee will score goals.
    124 goals in 200 games is it now?

Huge for us. As much as I am a big believer in selling players just as they "tip" on the other side of the crest of their peak so as to maximise what you get for them financially - whilst having gotten the best of them in your pitch (not a rival's!) - you feel Salah has more to give us yet.

Messi and Ronaldo have raised the longevity bar. While I don't see Salah being with us at age 34 or anything, I still feel we could get 2, maybe even 3 more "peak" years from him and (assuming we extend his contract) still get a good wedge via a sale so as to reinvest in the next generation.