Page 422 of 659 FirstFirst ... 322372412415416417418419420421422423424425426427428429432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Think they have forgot the dot in the middle of the 3 & 5 !

Someone will be daft enough to take him I just think we might put a daft valuation on his head.

Plenty of value to be had abroad its finding it.

Thinking of PL midfielders we could sign who fit our pressing style Bissouma stands out I like Ward-Prowse but is he good enough for us im unsure on that....played every minute for 2 seasons now though.
    I have this funny feeling that if/when he's sold he will jump up off of the treatment table.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I have this funny feeling that if/when he's sold he will jump up off of the treatment table.
    I think so too, I think he'll suddenly find full fitness and play a run of games, same with Ox, we need a squad of player we can utilise who actually offer viable alternatives and contributions, not a load of squad players where you hope we don't have to rely on them when they're not on the treatment table
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Yep wouldnt surprise me.

Ox though has had a few bad injuries here he is a different kettle of fish.

Both seem decent lads but if you cant get on the pitch not much good to us.

Anyone else think, unless City come in and just match Levy's valuation, that Spurs will want more for Kane than anyone but City can afford post pandemic and that if City don't come in for Kane, the Kane transfer saga will drag on for several months

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Anyone else think, unless City come in and just match Levy's valuation, that Spurs will want more for Kane than anyone but City can afford post pandemic and that if City don't come in for Kane, the Kane transfer saga will drag on for several months
    Yep I think he will still be a Spurs player next season.

No chance they sell to Chelsea.

That leaves two teams and it is City or nothing.

The problem with baldy getting him is he uses his budget for two new full backs he loves collecting them 🤣

City, Man United or PSG you'd think.

Italian clubs certainly can't afford him.

Bayern have more sense.

The top Spanish clubs look like they're in financially very difficult places.

I rather hope he ends up stuck at Spurs. As much as people like to point out that they didn't win anything, they were very much in the "almost" bracket for a bit under Poch, much like how Rafa was seriously onto something by 08/09 but we never quite got to see that project completed.

In their current guise however I just don't see them as a terribly big threat, especially given the fact they're going to miss out on Champion's League football in arguably the worst ever season to fail to do so - they missed the proverbial boat you'd feel - but to be fair we all know how quickly things can change in Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    City, Man United or PSG you'd think.

Italian clubs certainly can't afford him.

Bayern have more sense.

The top Spanish clubs look like they're in financially very difficult places.

I rather hope he ends up stuck at Spurs. As much as people like to point out that they didn't win anything, they were very much in the "almost" bracket for a bit under Poch, much like how Rafa was seriously onto something by 08/09 but we never quite got to see that project completed.

In their current guise however I just don't see them as a terribly big threat, especially given the fact they're going to miss out on Champion's League football in arguably the worst ever season to fail to do so - they missed the proverbial boat you'd feel - but to be fair we all know how quickly things can change in Football.
    It is possible City do want him and he has been tapped up and has requested his future is settled prior to the Euros as Levy may ask for a higher fee depending how well he performs in them and whoever tapped him up has assured him a bid will be rapidly forthcoming once he has requested a transfer prior to the Euros

Hope he doesn’t go anywhere in Mancland. He can’t speak pwoperwly but he is one hell of a threat at the attacking end of a football pitch. Can be a deadly and out and out striker off either foot or a nightmare coming deep to hold the ball and make chances. So strong, hard to pick up and stop. A free kick and penalty generating machine to boot - Penandes at the filth would have a field day especially.

It is possible City do want him and he has been tapped up and has requested his future is settled prior to the Euros as Levy may ask for a higher fee depending how well he performs in them and whoever tapped him up has assured him a bid will be rapidly forthcoming once he has requested a transfer prior to the Euros
    Yeah I wouldn't be too surprised if you were right.

Levy and Tottenham's problem is the colossal stadium debt - can't imagine all of the funds from a Kane sale going into transfers. They've sold big players in the past but haven't always made the best use of the funds they acquired.

The problem Spurs have is that they have the millstone of their stadium debt hanging over them and one and a half seasons with no match revenue. I think if they bring someone in, it will be for a fraction of the Kane fee with the rest serving their debts.

Also it should be noted the last three times Spurs were in this position (selling a key player(s) for significant money) they frittered away a lot of it.

In 2008/09 - sold Keane to Liverpool (£19m) and Berbatov to Man United (£30m).

Summer signings -

Luka Modric (£16m)
    Giovanni dos Santos (£5m)
    Heurelho Gomes (£7.8m)
    David Bentley (£15m)
    Roman Pavlyuchenko (£14m)
    Vedran Corluka (£8m)

Then went on to purchase Keane and Defoe for about £21m, plus £4.5m on Chimbonda, plus £12m on Wilson Palacios.

In 2012/13 - sold Luka Modric for £33m.

Summer signings -

Gylfi Sigurdsson (£8m)
    Jan Vertonghen (£9.5m)
    Mousa Dembele (£15m)
    Emmanuel Adebayor (£5m)
    Hugo Lloris (£12m plus add-ons)
    Clint Dempsey (£6m)

In 2013/14 - sold Gareth Bale for £85m.

Summer signings -

Paulinho (£17m)
    Nacer Chadli (£7m)
    Roberto Soldado (£26m)
    Etienne Capoue (£9m)
    Vlad Chiriches (£8.5m)
    Erik Lamela (£30m)
    Christian Eriksen (£11.5m)

In 2012/13, they were fortunate enough to have Bale turn into a bit of a Juggernaut - always good when someone on your books breaks through and becomes one of the World's best in their position.

Then the following year, in 2013/14, Kane ends up breaking through for them at a very welcome time. That's TWO players they had within a very short space of time (in Footballing terms) that were already on their books and would break through to become top players, saving Tottenham serious money in the transfer department.

Now I can't say I am overly familiar with Tottenham's youth set-up or the younger members of their squad, but I don't see an in-house solution that will burst through and take the club by Storm. Then if Kane is departing, you'd certainly lean towards Son deciding not to extend his contract.

On the background of their £1.77 BILLION debt, the possibility of losing Kane must be absolutely terrifying for them as Spurs (minus Kane) don't look well-equipped to be overtaking Man City/Man United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Leicester on a regular basis with that squad to acquire Champion's League football on the back of the financial impact of the Pandemic. The stakes for them look massive this Summer.

Cheeky bid for Son?, like kane, hes getting on, if we make champions league maybe he'd like to come here

Would fit us to the ground

doubt he'll stay at spurs if kane goes too