Page 423 of 659 FirstFirst ... 323373413416417418419420421422423424425426427428429430433473523 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Cheeky bid for Son?, like kane, hes getting on, if we make champions league maybe he'd like to come here

Would fit us to the ground

doubt he'll stay at spurs if kane goes too
    Levy will want silly money for both Kane and Son. He'll be holding out for £100 million + for Kane and probably £70 odd million for Son. While I'd take both in a heartbeat there's a good chance they'll both still be at Spurs at the start of next season for the simple fact that there might not be any takers at those prices

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Levy will want silly money for both Kane and Son. He'll be holding out for £100 million + for Kane and probably £70 odd million for Son. While I'd take both in a heartbeat there's a good chance they'll both still be at Spurs at the start of next season for the simple fact that there might not be any takers at those prices
    True could turn ugly though if kane's not a happy bunny

we'll see how it plays out

Taiwo Awoniyi apparently got his work permit for the UK - that's only taken....5(?) years to get sorted. He has had a few loans.

Still just 23 and we're said to value him at £8m.

In all seriousness, every little helps and if we get £5m or more for a player that 99% of Reds have quite literally forgotten about I'd be really pleased, as that could be the crucial couple of million when it comes to a "haggling" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Cheeky bid for Son?
    Son's an excellent player, but if we have the sort of money needed to afford him available to us, he wouldn't be the player I'd be in for.

Liverpool have stepped up their interest in Portuguese midfielder Pedro Goncalves, making contact with Sporting Lisbon over a move for the 22-year-old. (Record, via Team Talk)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool have stepped up their interest in Portuguese midfielder Pedro Goncalves, making contact with Sporting Lisbon over a move for the 22-year-old. (Record, via Team Talk)
    64 League appearances in the last 2 seasons.

Nice to be linked with someone that might have some durability! Young as well.

Anyone know much about him other than the "next" Bruno Fernandes tag? Those "next" comparisons always feel like such a curse!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    64 League appearances in the last 2 seasons.

Nice to be linked with someone that might have some durability! Young as well.

Anyone know much about him other than the "next" Bruno Fernandes tag? Those "next" comparisons always feel like such a curse!
    Most of them will just be rumours something to fill the back pages with. I hope Bissouma isn't just a rumour, I first mentioned him last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Most of them will just be rumours something to fill the back pages with. I hope Bissouma isn't just a rumour, I first mentioned him last summer.
    That was a great shout Skyebo we need 2 CMs for me if/when Gini goes, Bissouma and De Paul fit the bill for me, the lad Sid's talking about, I haven't seen much of, but looking at all available footage of him, he appears to play almost exclusively in a central AM position, which isn't what we need this summer in my opinion

I've read a few of 'the fans articles' on De Paul, they all lack any imagination or insight whatsoever, many seem to be labouring under the delusion that those who think he is the perfect fit envisage him being able to constantly do what he does at Udinese in the Premier League, I can't speak for anyone else, but that's not how I view him and why I think he is the perfect fit.

What I expect is that he'll create from through balls, his overall much better passing and range of passing and his crossing. I expect he will complete dribbles or burst past a player or two to then cross or play a through ball, I don't expect him to be able to constantly pick it up and dribble as much as he does at Udinese, I expect our other players will release him in positions to do that though, I also expect him to be phenomenal in the press, tireless and relentless in everything, he works his bollocks of all game

His flair, creativity, vision and ability to play top quality through balls, crosses, switches, score goals, take quality set pieces and more expansive overall range of quality passing alone makes him a miles better player for our attacking RCM or LCM player. Keita, Oxlade, Minamino and Shaqiri have absolutely zero range of quality passing or crossing or through balls or scoring goals, they produce the odd brilliant cross, or through ball and score the odd goal now and then, I think I can only remember one half decent but effective medium to longer range pass that was up and down to get where it needed to be to release our player in isolation or put them clear from any of them, which simply isn't enough

With Keita, Oxlade, Shaqiri and Minamino, it's just too easy for opposition players to know what they are going to try and do, because they are all limited in what they can do

Naby is going to try and burst into a more central area behind our forwards and look to play a short through ball or a short ball to try and receive the ball back, he isn't going to go either side of a defender or midfielder, he's not going to produce a worldly cross, switch or longer through ball or even drive infield and look to release Trent or Robbo to his right or left

Oxlade is going to look to burst past a player and get a shot off, he's not going to produce any kind of quality through ball or cross or switch

Shaqiri is going to hang around in an advanced position also looking to do his one trick he can't even do with the required consistency of playing a slide rule through a tight channel

Minamino is just going to run around a lot not be effective in the press, not be strong enough on the ball but make some late runs into the box or make good runs in behind to make more time and space for Trent or Robbo to cross

That role needs a player with De Pauls numerous abilities and qualities who can do anything and everything, no point having a player in that role who is so limited, one trick and predictable and therefore far easier to defend as the ones we currently have are
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th May 2021 at 05:26 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If we’re doing any business this summer, we need to do it early, get it out of the way and bed them in to preseason. No fannying about till the last few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    If we’re doing any business this summer, we need to do it early, get it out of the way and bed them in to preseason. No fannying about till the last few weeks
    Damned fucking right, Edwards needs to get all our deals signed, sealed and delivered before the Euros and other tournaments start this summer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”