Page 425 of 659 FirstFirst ... 325375415418419420421422423424425426427428429430431432435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Hes an absolute gem and completely irreplaceable for us. No doubt about it. Theres nobody who we can afford who comes close to how good he is.
    People can say he's not up there with our best but the fact is the stats prove he is.
    yeah hes a superstar
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I know games would pan out differently with a different player, but a mate of mine did the "goals without" mathematical scenario and I think he landed on us finishing 15th this season without Salah's goals.
    Absolutely mental that. Every team has that one player who at times literally carries the team.
    Hes ours.
    Out of interest, is that your mate with the tattoo? Lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Agreed Tees people say he misses chances but his numbers are so good for a reason he makes great runs, he is clever and works hard.

He will go down as a great as even though he has won the big trophies he is still hungry for more that is what greats do keep going.

This season he has given us a chance of CL as without him we'd have no chance.
    Did you see his reaction on Sunday? It's class. Looks like an overjoyous kid.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Given how frugal FSG are I'm not going to predict who we will sign
    Yeah, they tend to err on the side of caution for sure. Which I am largely in favour of (within reason) so as to prevent the sort of situation Arsenal have found themselves in, Ozil the prime example.

The market will be a bit different. On the one hand, some clubs will gamble that we are on an unstoppable upward trajectory of progress "post-Covid" while other clubs will be financially allowing for the possibility of more lockdowns due to the Indian strain, strains that haven't occured yet etc.

Wages are also 66% of our.....turnover or whatever the term is (tired, stressful day with dog, he's fine thankfullly) which is too high on paper, BUT apparently if you do the mathematical jiggery-pokery, it would be at 59% which is perfectly fine and sustainable.

I think they'll spend, but not a "big" window. Guesstimating a budget of £40m - £70m with us generating the rest via sales. I think the main factors will be -

1. In the event we finish Top Four by beating Crystal Palace, how convinced are they that we will definitely finish Top Four at the end of 21/22 to maintain various revenue streams/sponsorships?

2. How convinced are they that we will be having a growing number of fans allowed at stadiums, with minimal/no setbacks in the form of more lockdowns and so on?

I wouldn't want to be the Club that spent beyond their means and ended up over a billion in debt. In the medium term I think we will come out of this period much better off than most. Several of the large clubs look to be in real financial peril.

Kanes going about it with class let the drama commence

He'd love to play with KDB apparently, and been saying in interviews he'll decide his future, not Levy.

we know what this summer will be about, the kane show.

I hope for our case, if he does go city, he'll be like torres when he went chelsea, spent at spurs.. like torres was for us,

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Did you see his reaction on Sunday? It's class. Looks like an overjoyous kid.
    Yeah looked like a man who wants to leave doesn't he 🤣🤣

Much rather he goes to City than United

I'm not remotely interested in Kane, I'd love him to get his move to City and for us to bum them again, that'd be priceless, to see the look on his face, and bum them in the league and a Champions League final too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Do City really want a player who's been a serial loser though? Whose never turned up on the very biggest stages, whose team only managed to get to a Champions League final in his absence?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Agreed Tees people say he misses chances but his numbers are so good for a reason he makes great runs, he is clever and works hard.

He will go down as a great as even though he has won the big trophies he is still hungry for more that is what greats do keep going.

This season he has given us a chance of CL as without him we'd have no chance.
    Imo been a one man team at times this season, where we've gone through a period and he was mainly the only one actually scoring

Saved us many of time.