Page 428 of 659 FirstFirst ... 328378418421422423424425426427428429430431432433434435438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

They’ve offered him a contract but, by getting to the end of his contract there is the chance to have one last hurrah at a different club, plus big earnings when there is no signing on fee.
    I think if he isn’t offered both of those things he may stay. And this may be the one time in history where he may not be offered something better.

I think African Nations returns to summertime again after this one.

It isnt forced to go ahead yet though with Covid/border control its not 100% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    As reliable as Wijnaldum has been for us I think our midfield needs something different
    Reliable can be priceless though, as we have found this season.
    I'm not his biggest fan so I wasn't too pushed with him staying. But with our overall injury record, he has at least been available and has been a very good player for us.
    I agree our midfield could be improved but he has been a very good servant.

My understanding is that the issue isn't wages but length of contract. Klopp wants him to stay also from my reading. After this season I would give him the contract. If we can still improve, great, he becomes a squad player on similar wages but for longer.
    I would let ox and kieta go before him.

Absolutely. Never know what you’ve got....till it’s gone. Gini is a very rare type of diamond. I will be gutted if when he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Absolutely. Never know what you’ve got....till it’s gone. Gini is a very rare type of diamond. I will be gutted if when he is gone.
    Quite right Steveo, Gini is the player taking positions to make sure we have control in a lot of games, a lot of hard running, moving his positioning, being defensively aware to stop the opposition getting easy opportunities to create, Fab has actually been much improved the last few games, well, after the game against the filthy, he hasn't been charging to the ball the same, he's been keeping his position, mostly staying close to the defence central and not creating gaps, which is brilliant to see, it's all I ever wanted for all my complaining

I think with what we currently have, getting Gini to sign on the dotted line so we only have to focus on getting in De Paul, Konate Malen and another forward in the summer and going for Gravenberch next summer as his mind seems made up to stay at Ajax one more season might be the order of the day, only problem with that is, there'll be a lot more competition for him next summer, most other suitors have other priorities this summer, he's not a Gerrard type player, but he reminds me of a young Gerrard in his obvious talents, though different talents and his size and scrawny look as he hasn't developed his man's body yet, he'll grow into a beast of a man.

Some of the lads passing, long, through balls, switches with either foot and finishing from outside the area, with either foot are absolutely sensational, I was watching his full season highlights, the passing was brilliant and moving the balls in and through tight areas, but there were 2 breath taking goals, both smashed , arrowed into the top corner, absolutely unstoppable, from just outside the box, one left foot, one right, my jaw dropped. He's bloody 19 years old and he plays like a man who's been playing the game at the top level for years
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Patson Daka's still a brilliant option for a forward if his release clause is still just 17m, I'm confused about this, as I have read in one article that he had signed a new contract with his release clause now set at 70m, perhaps that article got it wrong, incredible value at 17m, ship has sailed if it is 70m, although it raises the Afcon issue again, I really like the lad Malen from PSV, scores all kinds of goals, links play very well, plays his team mates in very well and quickly with the right final ball and right weight of it consistently, when it's on and for me is a hybrid between a No9 and a false 9, and it would be great to have another top quality young forward who doesn't have the unpleasant spectre of missing several keys games through Afcon hanging over him

We have Jota, Bobby and Elliot to cover Afcon in Mane and Mo's absence at present with Origi surely, belatedly heading for the exit, but we need more than that and more than that moving forward, not just to cover Afcon absences, but for rotation, the long term future and genuine viable options to change games and set up slightly differently with Jurgen's tweaks for different opposition to pose different problems, have different possibilities and ask different questions

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Patson Daka's still a brilliant option for a forward if his release clause is still just 17m, I'm confused about this, as I have read in one article that he had signed a new contract with his release clause now set at 70m, perhaps that article got it wrong, incredible value at 17m, ship has sailed if it is 70m, although it raises the Afcon issue again, I really like the lad Malen from PSV, scores all kinds of goals, links play very well, plays his team mates in very well and quickly with the right final ball and right weight of it consistently, when it's on and for me is a hybrid between a No9 and a false 9, and it would be great to have another top quality young forward who doesn't have the unpleasant spectre of missing several keys games through Afcon hanging over him
    Daka nation didnt qualify for AFCON so it wont be an issue mate.

They not get £70m he might go to Leipzig and follow his manager.

There's absolutely no point opening a thread for this, as it's one of those fleeting "what if" thoughts - but I would love to know what Aspas could have done under a manager like Klopp.

Numbers on the left will represent League appearances, number on the right will represent League goals scored.

Liverpool he gets 14-0.
    Sevilla he gets 16-2.

But check out Celta Vigo life -

35-14
    32-19
    34-22
    27-20
    37-14
    33-14 (the current season, turns 34 in August)

Those are very respectable numbers. Physicality would have been an issue of course, but hats off to him - his Celta Vigo numbers aren't far off Griezmann's numbers at Atletico really.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Also, I'd still take Memphis Depay - out of contract - turns 28 in February of 2022 - 62 goals in 137 League appearances for Lyon, having played 35 games or more for 3 of the last 4 seasons.

- Low risk.
    - Has a few "good" years left.
    - Has developed since he last played in England.
    - Might feel he has a point to prove to English media.
    - Could sell on if it doesn't work out.
    - Could give any of our front three a break here and there in terms of rotation.
    - Pacey, physical option from the bench.
    - Probably could fulfil the Origi/Minamino/Shaqiri minutes by himself.

I'd be all over that.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay