Page 433 of 659 FirstFirst ... 333383423426427428429430431432433434435436437438439440443483533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Didn't quite fulfil his potential - and there was certainly a time he was highly rated in Italy - but never fulfilled his potential.

I suspect he will have huge regrets and a sense of bad luck about 09/10. He played very well in the Europa League semi-final against Atletico (them again!) and gets us an equaliser before half-time, having been assisted by Benayoun, who (likely riding on the high of the assist) ends up scoring what could have been our winner early in extra-time only for Forlan to ruin things.

Alberto probably views that game as a crossroads. We get through that game (with him having played well) and we beat Fulham in the final and he (maybe) gets more of a chance with the club. Never really panned out though.

Loan at Juventus (Kenny actually said he still had a future with us at one stage while he was on loan) then a loan at AC Milan, then 3 seasons at Fiorentina (he was excellent in his first and not bad in his second) and then he had 4 clubs in 4 years.

A pity really. There was definitely talent there, but his head wasn't quite right (wasn't he said to have a bust of Mussolini in his room?) and injuries ravaged him somewhat, plus, in terms of temperament, I don't think he ever got over it not working out with us. Was weird that he was "replacing" Alonso as he was, if anything, more in the "Lampard" mould - had that knack of arriving into space having evaded his markers and getting an opportunistic goal.

Speaking of goals - here are his Fiorentina ones.

I was being ironic thanks though
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Such a long wait for the season to start again.I wont be watching the Euros.I'm no fan of international football.
    So be a very boring time. But at least some of our players will get a rest. Which is a huge bonus..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Mane will get a proper rest which is great. Although Salah will be playing in the Olympics that is still 2 months away so he should get a good rest beforehand. Given how many minutes he played this season Robertson is the one I'm worried about. Hopefully Scotland get knocked out early (no offence to any of the Scottish forumites)

Can we sign Leicesters scouts btw?? That fofana lad only 20 been pretty class.

there seems to be lots of talk, that Borussia Dortmund are interested in Naby, so Naby and cash for Sancho?? would not be surprised if one or two of the front three leave, plus it would piss of the manics no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I like Ox a lot, but if I thought the fee from his sale along with another player (let's say....Shaqiri) could help fund someone who is more available fitness-wise (and thus can contribute more) I would be all over it.

Shaqiri - 22 appearances in all comps, 1 goal.
    Oxlade - 16 appearances in all comps, 1 goal.

There's surely a player out there who is younger (Shaq 29, Ox 27) and who could cover their 38 combined appearances in all comps via better fitness, at less than their combined weekly wage. I know it's a different position to Ox's, but to give an example, Alexander Isak (Real Sociedad) for example is just 21 and has 33 goals from the 87 appearances (all comps)he has made over the last 2 seasons in La Liga. He'd cost less than we would get for both of them and his wages could potentially be less than ONE of Ox/Shaq's wage packets - we could develop him and if he becomes excellent, he becomes part of the main set-up and if he doesn't "quite" get there we sell while he still has age on his side, at say, 25 years old.

If Ox sticks around and Klopp wants that, I'm happy with it. He's a really nice fella by all accounts and I have fond memories of 2 goals in particular against Man City. But if we can upgrade on him, we should - Ox is 28 in August and simply isn't fit enough for long enough.
    good point......

i liked him when he first joined and he did an after-match interview with coutinho ......the interviwer poot couts on the spot about a possible move and oxlade jumped in to defend and put the interviwer in his place....

id like to see a fit season out of him.....he knows what Klopp wants

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know, but we need a player who can play the role Gini used to who is younger, has room for growth and development and can play the passes (switches and longer balls on the counter) that many of bemoaned Gini's inability to play and who will surely offer us greater possibilities at attacking and defensive set pieces and we do need a player who can play LCM RCM and No6, because Fab and Hendo's short to midterm injuries the past 2 seasons and Gini's departure leave us without a player to cover the No6 position, I don't think we can risk not having one

I'm not knocking Gini at all I know he played a specific role for us and had other talents if used in a different set up, that's why I thought the world of him, now we need someone who can take on his role, offer us the same control and solidity Gini did, but with a bit more in the passing department for how we play, preferable not a player who has the Afcon issue, which is my reservation with Bissouma

Longterm i think Gravenberch is ideally what we want and need in that role, but he's not going anywhere for another year
    Apparently, Spurs accept they won't get big money for Dele Alli - he's young, talented, and needs to "prove" himself. We were allegedly after him before we refused to pay MK Dons his full price. He appears to be a player who needs a manager to have faith in him aka Klopp. I'd have him to replace Keita.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Apparently, Spurs accept they won't get big money for Dele Alli - he's young, talented, and needs to "prove" himself. We were allegedly after him before we refused to pay MK Dons his full price. He appears to be a player who needs a manager to have faith in him aka Klopp. I'd have him to replace Keita.
    Amazingly 25 now. Where do the years go?
    His transfer value has now dropped to €32 million from €100 million in 2018 according to transfermarkt
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/dele-alli/profil/spieler/207929
    Not a bad shout Sydney!

Defo a good shout. Just needs the right manager and Klopp is the man.

Think we need an attacking midfielder with more or different skill sets to Ali, better passing, better through balls, better crossing, Ali's main skills come playing behind a forward and making runs into the box, our midfield shake up needs to see more players with better ability with the ball come in, that isn't Ali
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”