Page 435 of 659 FirstFirst ... 335385425428429430431432433434435436437438439440441442445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No it wasn't, it was clear Henderson had numerous highly beneficial attributes, but without scanning and developing greater awareness he wouldn't be able to bring them into play in games

He was a central box to box midfielder, we used him mostly on the right until Jurgen arrived
    Not making an argument with you 19x but were you clamouring an argument for his signing based on your astute observations of him, as you have done for the players transfers you have been or are now more recently promoting, or perhaps did you wonder (as I did) what on earth was Kenny doing with that batch of signings to replace what had been an exciting end to the previous season.
    Some most majestic football from Kuyt and Maxi etc
    I do admit Hendo showed the most promise from the lot of them.but that is not saying a lot.
    What were really your thoughts at the time of his signing. Not retrospective, please?

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Thought he was a bit shit tbh
    To be honest, I think we all did.

i certainly didnt think he had the potentionally to be the player he is now. I now think he's massively underrated by our own fanbase.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Dele Alli.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Depay and Bertrand would be solid additions on a free transfer.

We defintely wont be signing Mbappe, Sancho or Haaland. It's just not going to happen.

Neves and Neto from Wolves would be 'gettable. I liked the look of Sander berge at Sheff Utd as well.

Bernado Silva from City would be absolutely perfect for us. He'd be my number one target, but I'm not sure Pep would let him go.

Bertrand you gotta be kidding me?

is this how high FSG has made fans ambitions?

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Bernado Silva from City would be absolutely perfect for us. He'd be my number one target, but I'm not sure Pep would let him go.
    No chance of him. he hates us.. look how he behaved when they lined up a guard of honour for our title win. He just walked away.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Bertrand you gotta be kidding me?

is this how high FSG has made fans ambitions?
    He's a decent fullback with a good engine.

He's a decent fullback with a good engine.
    He's also 31 32 in aug.

why would we need another another left back?

To be honest, I think we all did.

i certainly didnt think he had the potentionally to be the player he is now. I now think he's massively underrated by our own fanbase.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Dele Alli.
    I don't think Hendo is underrated anymore - I think he's an exceptional prem league player. Is he World Class? I would say, no.
    I think the price tag at the time, for a young "unproven" player was what fans questioned - especially as we were crying out for someone established. Not Charlie Adam by the way.

Hendo has struggled to, but really has flourished under Klopp
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    What were really your thoughts at the time of his signing. Not retrospective, please?
    A very promising and highly regarding young box to box CM who had room for improvement and development
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

brahima Konaté on the way to AnfieldSoccer ball40 bis 44 Million Euros. Konaté did cost nothing when he 2017 came from Sochaux, best transfer(s) ever in the history of RB. Deal nearly done

Source random geezer on twitteR