Page 436 of 659 FirstFirst ... 336386426429430431432433434435436437438439440441442443446486536 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Depay and Bertrand would be solid additions on a free transfer.

We defintely wont be signing Mbappe, Sancho or Haaland. It's just not going to happen.

Neves and Neto from Wolves would be 'gettable. I liked the look of Sander berge at Sheff Utd as well.

Bernado Silva from City would be absolutely perfect for us. He'd be my number one target, but I'm not sure Pep would let him go.
    I think Gomez will cover RB next season and Tsimikas is cover at LB.

If we sold Tsimikas I would be ok with Bertrand as cover he is a decent premier league player.

Neto is a player I would have gone for but he is out till November I think so he is a no go and I like Neves too but not sure he is the type of midfielder we will go for but who knows.

Attacking wise plenty of players we could go for on the way up David, Vlahovic, Daka, Malen, Nkunku.

I'm looking forward to next season already, just having Virgil and Matip or Cavani at attacking set pieces for Trent and Robbo to pick out will make a massive difference and will make a massive difference at defending set pieces also

I'm hoping we ditch our interest in Bissouma (Afcon) and nick Soumare from under Brenny's nose instead, Bissouma is better technically, although not better at passing than Soumare, but Soumare is quicker, stronger and reads the game equally as well and is as good positionally, when quick forwards go past any of our current midfielders including Gini and Hendo (which doesn't happen often) or Fab, they are gone, when they go past Soumare, he is exceptional quick to turn and chase the buggers down

I am praying every day that Jones is not even in the running to be considered as a first team regular to play Gini's role or our attacking CM role next season, he's nowhere near ready or good enough for either role
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jones may not be good enough to start Nineteen but one thing this season should teach us is you can never have enough players !

I bet most would have said the same about Phillips/Williams before a ball was kicked they have looked ropey at times but we needed them and in the end they did the job both deserve huge credit for that under huge pressure and delivered when it mattered (even though we ended up empty handed!)

Jones will be in the squad next season and so he should be he won’t improve playing at Blackpool he scored some important goals for us over the last few years he is good enough to be a squad player ....when you think about it we have a lot of midfielders on paper but Gini gone, Keita/Ox might as well include me in that list !

Keita is done for me I don’t care how talented you are that performance against Madrid was disgraceful he was walking about ....I’d rather have Neco or Rhys in the side who make errors but at least try....what’s the betting come Jan-Feb Naby plays 3 games on trot in AFCON ?!

�� According to reports, Ibrahima Konaté to Liverpool is almost a done deal and will cost around €40m.

Think we'll sign Kabak aswell? i'd be surprised if we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Think we'll sign Kabak aswell?
    Don't think so.

I'd have Kabak stay and Matip go. I love Matip, great player, but I value availability really highly and also like to have a few in the 20-24 bracket in the squad simultaneously in preparation for the next "cycle" - I think the club will keep Matip, add Konate (or an alternative) and won't sign Kabak, choosing instead to invest elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Don't think so.

I'd have Kabak stay and Matip go. I love Matip, great player, but I value availability really highly and also like to have a few in the 20-24 bracket in the squad simultaneously in preparation for the next "cycle" - I think the club will keep Matip, add Konate (or an alternative) and won't sign Kabak, choosing instead to invest elsewhere.
    Matip has been stealing a living for over two years now, time to get rid of the sicknotes and get players in we can rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Matip has been stealing a living for over two years now, time to get rid of the sicknotes and get players in we can rely on.
    Kabak has been out twice since January too hadn’t he.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Anyone actually think FSG will learn from their mistakes and start investing heavily in a team with Klopp at the helm?

I don’t.
    Not an effing prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Kabak has been out twice since January too hadn’t he.
    I think so , but he was bought as cover.We have no luck in that department, I hope its not the same next season.

Keita plus £45m for Sancho, or Keita and Origi plus £30m.

You heard it here first!!